Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I'm also a 3rd year b.ed psych
    fyp prep was on our timetable this time last year, but we realised we weren't meant to go..just ignore it.
    Another Mary I mistake.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

WOH WOH WOH, HOLD ON JUST A SECOND! Mary I made a mistake? Stop the presses, I can see the headlines already! Mary I in rare administration mix up! :P

By the way everyone, i'm "in the play pen" in the clearasil and hormones forum, basically it's a q and a session with yours truely where i'll answer all your perverted questions. So go ask me something awkward!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055805130

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

No Fridays for me :D

Did everyone survive the day without boards? I nearly keeled over from boredom :o

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Did everyone survive the day without boards? I nearly keeled over from boredom :o
    Fact, but then again it gave me heaps more time on my dissertation:D
    By the way I have the honour of posting post number 666 on the Mary I thread! May as well, seen as I don't believe in any of that ****e!, but from what I have read so far I'm not the only one to feel that way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

...and your username is very apt for the occasion :D

Fact, but then again it gave me heaps more time on my dissertation:D
    By the way I have the honour of posting post number 666 on the Mary I thread! May as well be seen as I don't believe in any of that ****e!, but from what I have read so far I'm not the only one to feel that way!

Heretic! I shall say a prayer for your soul on this eve. Or something... :P

Heretic! I shall say a prayer for your soul on this eve. Or something... :P
    When the Jews return to Zion / And a comet rips the sky / And the Holy Roman Empire rises, / Then You and I must die. / From the eternal sea he rises, / Creating armies on either shore, / Turning man against his brother / 'Til man exists no more. Book of Revelations

Cue the Omen Music :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

is the library still closed?

When the Jews return to Zion / And a comet rips the sky / And the Holy Roman Empire rises, / Then You and I must die. / From the eternal sea he rises, / Creating armies on either shore, / Turning man against his brother / 'Til man exists no more. Book of Revelations

Cue the Omen Music :eek::eek::eek:

SIX! SIX SIX! The NUMBER of the BEAST! SACRIFICE! IS GOING ON TONIGHT!

• Advertisement

Clubs and Socs day will be taking place in the Lounge this Thursday.

Also, anyone looking for a show on Wired FM; the station manager will be reviewing the current schedule on Friday and giving available slots to anyone who wants a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

will ye be having a gamers soc table?

how did everyone survive their first day back?
    i was very excited for a very brief time when i thought we had programming in maths again, but when i registered there was no computer module!

was pleasantly surprised with my ped-op though, i think it sounds fairly interesting now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Was it just me or was the college really busy today?

Probably because thirds years being back and new grads I suppose. It took me ages to figure out what they had changed in the Library lobby.:D

will ye be having a gamers soc table?

That depends on the founding members. I told d4rk to go the clubs and socs meeting earlier so he could get a table on thursday.
    We shall have to wait and see!!

And yes, the library was changed a bit..but why?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That depends on the founding members. I told d4rk to go the clubs and socs meeting earlier so he could get a table on thursday.
    We shall have to wait and see!!

And yes, the library was changed a bit..but why?!

I think there was some damage caused by burst pipes in the weeks after Christmas. There may also have been complications caused by the construction work on the new section.

I heard a rumour that Mary I got a creche, is this true?

Maybe it's going to be in the new building, I certainly haven't heard abnything about it! Or seen one for that matter!

EED, yeah the plan is get a table set up and hopefully have Rock Band set up too, perhaps my super nintendo with Super mario world on it or something like that might be nice too!

the plan is get a table set up

Best of luck..I hope you get a full sign up list!!
    I heard a rumour that Mary I got a creche

The last version of the plans that I saw included a creche, restaurant/sandwich shop, new student center, health center, and lots of other stuff.
    However recession and cut funding may lead to stuff being dropped..
    We shall have to wait and see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

hey all. just wondering if anyone can name a few places round that do binding for fyp?

snap printing over in UL does it doesnt it?? just wondering would anyone how much do they charge, how long it takes etc?

is there anywhere in the city that does a good deal/ job on binding?

thanks all in advance

hey all. just wondering if anyone can name a few places round that do binding for fyp?

snap printing over in UL does it doesnt it?? just wondering would anyone how much do they charge, how long it takes etc?

is there anywhere in the city that does a good deal/ job on binding?

thanks all in advance
    Try the place at the Crescent (the monument not the shopping centre, it's at the top of O'Connell Street), I got mine done there last year, got three of them heat bound for €40, here is there website:

http://www.web7.ie/Print.htm

• Advertisement

well done to Onion today, Gaming soc seemed very popular!
    hopefully it'll take off now......

was surprised at the numbers in the lounge... free food will do it everytime!
    hope everyone joined amnesty :p

Anyone on FIFA 10 or Forza Motorsport 3 on XBOX 360? PM me your gamertag and I'll take ye on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I hope everyone who was waiting on results is happy with their lot!:)

I joined your damn soc, you didn't join mine though! :(

Yeah it went well, the tough part is getting people to come though as you know, so that is yet to come!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

the tough part is getting people to come

Selective quoting ftw :pac:

haha nice.
    Congrats to everyone on their results.

Selective quoting ftw :pac:

Nah, I rarely have that problem :cool:

I'm all moved in, whoop!

I joined your damn soc, you didn't join mine though! :(

Yeah it went well, the tough part is getting people to come though as you know, so that is yet to come!

i told you I'd join if you needed members which you clearly didn't!!
    yeah we have our first meeting tomorrow.. thats when we find out if we actually have people!!

Wired FM (Radio soc) are having an open mic night next wed 10/02/2010 in Dolans upstairs.

The idea is that anyone with talent (or illusions of such) will have a chance to get up on stage and play. After that there will be some djs from lit to keep things going well into the night....at least thats the plan that I heard so far...

Anyone feel like volunteering?
    (I will have more solid info during the week)

• Advertisement

Wired FM (Radio soc) are having an open mic night next wed 10/02/2010 in Dolans upstairs.

The idea is that anyone with talent (or illusions of such) will have a chance to get up on stage and play. After that there will be some djs from lit to keep things going well into the night....at least thats the plan that I heard so far...

Anyone feel like volunteering?
    (I will have more solid info during the week)

I should be able to do a few songs for ye. How about one original song, one cover? Or more, if the numbers are low.

Advertisement