Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Can't sing but looking forward to a free/cheap gig! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

What's this gaming society?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

the Wired Gig has been changed a bit; here is the proper info off the facebook event page.

First wired gig of the year and it's a team effort! Thursday the 11th of feb in bently's is Wired Fms talent showcase. There is and acoustic open mic set first which will comprise of volunteers, over a two hour period, getting 15 minutes each to get up and show of their stuff. After which we will have Dj Rollie, Austin and others showing off their original mixs. It's gonna be a great night and all of it completely run by wired fm! also just for a bit of fun and because everyone loves dressing up we'll be doing a hippies and hillbillies theme ^_^.

Best to leave this question for d4rk!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It's a society for computer games and the playing thereof! Are you in Mary I?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

just as an update for those who thought otherwise coughonioncough :D B.Ed's do get a full degree in their chosen arts subject, there is no problem with going on to do a masters in it after college, however some further courses in your subject may require you to complete the two modules you have missed.... :D:D

• Advertisement

Yes yes, EED is fantastic let us all bow at her feet and sing songs of praise to her etc. :rolleyes:
    ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yes yes, EED is fantastic let us all bow at her feet and sing songs of praise to her etc. :rolleyes:
    ;)

You never told me you were setting up an EED Society too! :P

that sounds like an amazing society.... everyone will want to join haha

So it would appear the suggestion of this soc has firmly sedated this thread, thanks a lot EED!

I keep telling people to check this place out but everyone's too busy with that facebook crap... Bah!

see everyone is just in awe at the idea of the amazing society that there was nothing more to say!

yes yes facebook crap... mr. stalker! hmmm people need more encouraging thats all... i leave that up to everyone else!

• Advertisement

I have virtually no lectures today, it's brilliant!

We should have a meet up at some point lads! (and ladies) :)

Wired/radio soc meeting at 6pm today in the room opposite the station...We will be deciding on hoodies/polos and colours...come people!!
    :D

Wired/radio soc meeting at 6pm today in the room opposite the station...We will be deciding on hoodies/polos and colours...come people!!
    :D
    Thanks for the reminder Denis! :)

D4RK ONION wrote: »

We should have a meet up at some point lads! (and ladies) :)

i second that..... i may even come out of my anti-social shell and show up :D

So..Rag week is week 5 (week after next)
    Any predictions?

Orla said the posters with the lineup are going up sunday evening, with rag packs going on sale next tuesday morning @20e each.

Generally a rag pack contains tickets to all main events plus a tshirt..but it could be different this year.

I'm gonna say that saw docs/coronas/blizzards will make an appearance (as they always do cause the general mary i population love them)...

So..Rag week is week 5 (week after next)
    Any predictions?

Orla said the posters with the lineup are going up sunday evening, with rag packs going on sale next tuesday morning @20e each.

Generally a rag pack contains tickets to all main events plus a tshirt..but it could be different this year.

I'm gonna say that saw docs/coronas/blizzards will make an appearance (as they always do cause the general mary i population love them)...

They're my favourite bands EVER!!!! <3 Can't wait to see them all. Hopefully at the same time. :rolleyes:

weell the most important event will be wet sponge throwing... i hear it's going to be epic.... best 'person putting head through comical board' ever!

Generally a rag pack contains tickets to all main events plus a tshirt..but it could be different this year..

Last year we had to choose between RAG packs with tickets for WED or THURS night (Coronas or Sawdoctors)

yes, im aware of that rhead :p it was so there would be 800 rag packs instead of 400. Dolans' capacity limits the number of tickets, and therefore the number of packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Im in l.i.t just came in for a nose to see about the mary i ragweek!!I know your main act is Example thing he is an english rapper on the tueday night,theres an u.v party in angel lane

• Advertisement

Im in l.i.t just came in for a nose to see about the mary i ragweek!!I know your main act is Example thing he is an english rapper on the tueday night,theres an u.v party in angel lane

I was sort of hoping "Example" wasn't a real artist and that it was in fact some sort of crap viral marketing campaign. Also, a UV party, where EVER did they get that idea???questionmark??? :confused:

Moving on to a less angry state, the wired FM party last night was win, well done to everyone who showed up and such.

7020F2B2A3E342B1A80D01122549CF22-500.jpg

Insect Overlord, me and Rhead there.

More pictures here :)

theres an u.v party in angel lane

Hmmm..I wonder where that idea came from..
    I was at one with ribenahead a few weeks ago, and then mailed the su prez to suggest it....suspicious...
    20249_273681332818_772422818_3476354_6938564_n.jpg

main act is Example
    Who?!
    I just wiki'd him..and I still don't recognise this guy. At least Jedward would be recognisable..who the hell is that guy? Heck, I'd perfer the old reliables :P
    the wired FM party last night was win
    Grr...so annoyed I missed that! Glad everyone enjoyed it!
    We will be having a rockband/guitar hero tournament in a few weeks :D:D

Considering I don't post here much, it's strange to see my face appear on boards three times in the one day!

Also, UV party could be fun but I really don't know if the RAG pack is worth 20quid. The SU said that there will be 1,000 packs available and that they're going on sale at 8.30 (yes, that early!) on Tuesday

Grr...so annoyed I missed that! Glad everyone enjoyed it!
    It was such a success that there's going to be a few more so I wouldn't be too worried about it. It was an unprecedented turnout as well!
    RibenaHead wrote: »
    Considering I don't post here much, it's strange to see my face appear on boards three times in the one day!
    In fairness, one of them is the same picture put up twice!
    Also, UV party could be fun but I really don't know if the RAG pack is worth 20quid. The SU said that there will be 1,000 packs available and that they're going on sale at 8.30 (yes, that early!) on Tuesday
    20 is a lot of money. I think I will continue my time honoured tradition of not getting involved :P

UV party ticket and tshirt are all I want so far...So no need to queue I reckon :D

Do you think you'll be able to get the UV ticket and t-shirt separately?

20774_1184342178996_1541507993_30374923_5455443_n.jpg

Rag week line up as found on the su prez's facebook...

We already knew the two main events; and I had really hoped that there would be some brilliant surprise...but amm...

Clearly she has never heard of Hi-Res pictures ¬_¬

Won't be buying a RAG pack then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

That has to be the worst Rag Week line up in a long time.

Advertisement