Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Super long post? You should see ropey/wibbs posts :P

Mini boards meet whenever suits people. I'm thinking some sort of lunch type meet up thing. Scotts or something this week, seeing as how there are plans for everyone else in the evenings.

Scotts at 1 on Thurs. How does that suit people?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

If I'm awake, then that's grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

i have a lecture....

And I have a radio show. Get over it!

then why did you suggest that time? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 erica!

hey!... I plan on doing primary teaching in maryI this year... if all goes well:confused:...

Just wondering when they start? like start of september or october?!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

erica! wrote: »
    hey!... I plan on doing primary teaching in maryI this year... if all goes well:confused:...

Just wondering when they start? like start of september or october?!

As in, when lectures begin? ....Usually orientation week is the first week of September

You should probably worry about the ol' LC first :P

so will we try again this week for a boardsie meet up?? :D:D

Yes, and hopefully this time it wont turn into me and Insect Overlord having lunch! What suits people?

Also I'll have my rag week pics up later this evening hopefully

• Advertisement

hmm i don't think lunch will work out cause we all have different timetables.... so it'll have to be evening time ....yes yes i know, this is me suggesting being sociable!

Are you feeling okay EED? That's madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Shameless plug here: Why not meet up Wednesday night in Nancy's? The Funk Junkies should be playing and they are excellent (Two Mary I band members too).

I might be there. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Two Mary I band members too
    One of those is a past student...but she is a class singer!!
    so I could be convinced. They are a pretty tight covers banda

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll be practicing with my own band on Wednesday night, but I should be able to pop down to Nancy's at some stage later on :)

One of those is a past student...but she is a class singer!!
    so I could be convinced. They are a pretty tight covers banda

She certainly is. They do some great James Brown, Stevie Wonder and other soul/funk covers. Quite a few Mary I heads at the gig two weeks ago. Found this clip on youtube - I must say that the place was crazy with people dancing two weeks ago compared to this.

Shameless plug:

The Wired FM Soc are holding a Rockband/Guitar Hero Tournament on Tuesday the 9th (Week 7).

€1 to play one song and your score goes on the leader board
    €2 for three songs.
    You can play whatever song you want (as long as its on Paul's xbox)
    The tournament will run from 11am-5pm

At the end of the day (5pm) there will be a face-off between the two highest scoring people.
    Prize for the winner!!

And did we mention there will be food? yeah, there will be food when we announce the winner.

So if you think you kick ass in rockband, or if you just want a laugh..come to the lounge for a bit on Tuesday.....

(You could just watch your friends and laugh; but you will end up wanting a go!!)
    You can check out the facebook event page

Shameless plug is shameless! Am I allowed to play?

The SU uploaded a video of their flash mob Performance Piece from rag week...looks pretty good. Professional even :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Advertisement

The auld fella with the peaked cap at 2:40 is gas. Also love the way the dog is running around like "Whats going on? Whats going on? I want to play too!!!":D

Brilliant.

I just had the most awesome English tutorial EVER!!!1!

Ha :D You should have been in the tutorial where a certain tutor* ended up climbing out a window onto the roof of Summerville...yeah that was a strange day indeed:D

*raises hand

Why the hell did you do that? This must be good :P

Gust of wind blew someones notes out the window, along with an important letter and a memory stick. :D I popped out onto the roof and got them but I thought to myself - "This looks so dodgy!":D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I just had the most awesome English tutorial EVER!!!1!

coughsuckupcough :p

If it means better grades I've no problem kissin' a few arses!*

*legal notice= obviously aware will not get better grades :rolleyes:

Ah sure what with the whole grade inflation thing going on it is too late for all of that now :p

"Whats this? A spelling mistake!"

"I recommend execution in front of the library at 3pm tomorrow, that'll learn 'em!":D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

hey all.
    just want to rant about the state of MIC parking... it took me 2 hours today to get a space.. 2 HOURS like!!! total disgrace...

i tried everywhere.. pay place.... free place.... near scotts.... and nothing....

i hope there will be at least a few more spaces around the new building..

and can i ask a question... is the free parking place for staff, students or a mix ?? i will explain my reason for asking

• Advertisement

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mary I. We hope you enjoyed your brief visit :) (edit: reading this now, there isn't enough sarcasm in this comment!)

As far as I know none of it is free. You've to get a sticker for your car. I could be wrong.

Advertisement