Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey all... So we were at this ball, and me and EED were like "hey let's get everyone in a photo". So we did :)

From left to right: "Ribenahead, D4RK ONION, EarlEugeneDoyle (EED), secondhanddress, Ciarrioch, I Promised.

AD3BFCE3FF654842954D4062EF5F5F8A-800.jpg

GG guys, good game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

5 out of 6 look lovely in this pic... Thanks Paul! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

*cough*you forgot insects head *cough*

Sorry Ribena, there was another photo, but it wasn't as good quality wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Someone is having a good ol' time in the background :D:D:D

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    Someone is having a good ol' time in the background :D:D:D
    Of course you would only notice that part RonMexico!

On another topic, you should out a link to your blog in your sig, I'm intrigued!

It looks like a photo that you would see in a newspaper with the couple in the background circled with a sign that says - "Is this you?Contact us to win a prize!":D

EDIT1: Sig done. Can't see them when I log in though. Weird.

EDIT2: Sorted. Now back to the vino!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Of course you would only notice that part RonMexico!

Untrue!! I saw it too but didn't want to get the above comment - AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Sorry Ribena, there was another photo, but it wasn't as good quality wise
    I have a good one in my fb album...

We are looking good :D

So elections are fast approaching.
    Tomorrow is the final day for nominations...so anyone with an ambition in student politics should get themselves into the SU today!

OMG I should like totally run and like, Oh my gawd etc.

Nah it's not for me. And if you have a picture you want to share with us, copy the image URL, click insertimage.gif, and paste in the address!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

OMG I should like totally run and like, Oh my gawd etc.

That's hilarious!

I think you should run D4RK ONION- judging by your posts, you'd be a refreshing change!

Haha, there's a lot of effort in running for these things. A guy named Damien ran last year, he was about as alternative as you'd get in Mary I, I helped him campaign around the place, but he didn't win, cause he was "weird" and didn't have HI-LARIOUS posters.

Never mind that he had an actual agenda... That's not the kind of thing Mary I people want!

Haha, there's a lot of effort in running for these things. A guy named Damien ran last year, he was about as alternative as you'd get in Mary I, I helped him campaign around the place, but he didn't win, cause he was "weird" and didn't have HI-LARIOUS posters.

Damien wasn't the person who had no posters at all was he?

There was one person running for prez at hustings who I had never heard of until that evening, mainly due to lack of posters etc.

There's nothing wrong with having an agenda, ideally we need somebody who does have an agenda, but you need to get it across some way. And I must admit that those posters you mention can be quite effective. They certainly swayed my vote last year, though I would probably have voted for the same candidate anyway.

(There were some pretty funny posters last year, and it usually takes a lot to amuse me! :D)

You misunderstood me, I was saying that he did have a good Agenda, and that others did not. He'd actually come up with things to do, which were within his power *cough*parking lot lies*cough*

As for the posters, and I only heard this (from a few sources, granted), I've been given the impression that one of the other candidates actually went around taking his posters down which is uncalled for.

There was also candidates last year who spent A LOT of money getting into office. Personally, I don't think that's fair on the other candidates.

Ciarrioch is your man here though, he's always very well informed on this sort of thing.

I didn't misunderstand, I was just saying that it was good he had agenda, and that's what we want, but that that needs to be combined with some form of advertisement. That's all:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

he's always very well informed on this sort of thing.
    sometimes...

Since nominations close today we should be hearing about all the potential candidates shortly. Personally, I've heard of 3 presidents so far.
    It will be interesting to see what people come up with.
    Also, it seems like plastering the college with posters will not be an option this year; the wall near the SU office has been cleared and a sign saying 'election posters to be hung here only'.
    So candidates will have to work on social networks and the like to gather votes!

Should we stick with discussion of agendas etc, instead of saying
    "I know mr.x, he rocks..everyone should vote for him"
    ??

sometimes...

'election posters to be hung here only'.
    I saw that too but I didn't know whether it meant

1.) Only election posters can be hung here, other types of posters are not allowed.

or

2.) All election posters must be hung here, and they may not be hung in any other part of the college.
    :confused::confused:

Anyway, if it's option 2, I wonder who decided that? The current prez could have filled that whole noticeboard with two of her posters last year...

dambarude wrote: »
    I saw that too but I didn't know whether it meant

1.) Only election posters can be hung here, other types of posters are not allowed.

or

2.) All election posters must be hung here, and they may not be hung in any other part of the college.
    :confused::confused:

Anyway, if it's option 2, I wonder who decided that? The current prez could have filled that whole noticeboard with two of her posters last year...

i was thinking the same thing! except, i am pretty sure she could have filled it with one!

whats with the heart yokes on peoples names??

The hearts are your path to true love! There's a thread on it in AH I think.
    D4RK ONION features in mine:confused:... I'd love to know how they're worked out, because that couldn't be right!:D

April Fools...I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Does anyone know if the vice prez Alan is running for anything this year?
    And any chance of the list of candidates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Larki

Can anyone tell me if Courtbrack is a good place for accommodation? I plan on doing a B.Ed in Mary I in 2010/11 and I want to know if people have any complaints with the place, thanks!

Larki wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Courtbrack is a good place for accommodation? I plan on doing a B.Ed in Mary I in 2010/11 and I want to know if people have any complaints with the place, thanks!

Go to page 51 of this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Larki

dambarude wrote: »
    Go to page 51 of this thread!

Thanks, didn't notice that the first time I checked the thread! :D

Larki wrote: »
    Thanks, didn't notice that the first time I checked the thread! :D

If you've any other questions be sure to ask them!

Denners wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the vice prez Alan is running for anything this year?
    And any chance of the list of candidates?
    Not sure, Orla is running again though (he chuckled). Welcome to boards. What year are you in?

Orla is running again though

Interesting... I don't really see why someone would want to be president two years in a row. Is it not a bit like being stuck in a timewarp? You're still in college, but you're not progressing through the years... your friends are off teaching, or working, or on the dole, or whatever comes after college.

I suppose if you feel like you can 'make a difference' or, 'make more of a difference' by sticking around, you might want to... I don't think I'd like it though.

Yeah, and IMO it's unfair to let someone run two times in a row. You've had your chance to make a difference, now let someone else take a pop at it, y'know?

but it's only one year, it's a pretty short time to 'make a difference'. most people in offices in the real world get the chance to run a second time, so why not make college as much like the real world as possible?

this does not say that i wouldnt personally be in favour of a change around the college....

• Advertisement

but it's only one year, it's a pretty short time to 'make a difference'. most people in offices in the real world get the chance to run a second time, so why not make college as much like the real world as possible?

Well you can't really compare running Mary I to running the country... it's really and important and all, but a bit smaller:p. So you'd think that 'change' shouldn't take as long to come about.

Advertisement