Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

LovexxLife, yup, the arts lectures began last Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Anyone know the good bars/nights in the area for Mary I students in Limerick?

(Possibly) Incoming Postgrad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anybody know if there's plan to renovate or hopefully level the library building?
    It's an awful building, inside and out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anybody know if there's plan to renovate or hopefully level the library building?

They've been doing a lot of work on the inside, but I doubt they'll do anything cosmetic outside.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

constantg wrote: »
    Anyone know the good bars/nights in the area for Mary I students in Limerick?

(Possibly) Incoming Postgrad :D

A question I've answered a few times now, and this is why a mega thread is a bad idea :P I'll see can I find the answer

• Advertisement

I can't imagine that building ever being modern or perceived as pleasing on the eye. Apparently, when it was built, it won an award for the best architectural design in the country (or something like that) and it was seen as "cutting edge!"

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Just to let you know that extension of the Library building is the next phase of development in Mary I.

On a separate note, we have also contacted admin about setting up a Mary I forum but have yet to hear back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Just to let you know that extension of the Library building is the next phase of development in Mary I.

The chances of that happening are extremely tbh. Funding aint going to come from the government any time soon.

Is it true that the Library is a listed building (ie it can't be knocked) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The library always reminds me of a giant sticklebrick.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

dambarude wrote: »
    The chances of that happening are extremely tbh. Funding aint going to come from the government any time soon.

Is it true that the Library is a listed building (ie it can't be knocked) ?

Funding will eventually come, like every other major building project in Ireland but obviously with the way things are, it may take longer than we want. At least it's happening though so we will eventually have a bigger library. Saying that, St. Pats were recently granted money for the construction of a new building on campus, so it may be sooner rather than later.

And no, the library building is not a listed building. At the moment, no building in Mary I is "listed".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Funding will eventually come, like every other major building project in Ireland but obviously with the way things are, it may take longer than we want. At least it's happening though so we will eventually have a bigger library. Saying that, St. Pats were recently granted money for the construction of a new building on campus, so it may be sooner rather than later.

And no, the library building is not a listed building. At the moment, no building in Mary I is "listed".

The Canteen is 'listed'.......... listed as a place not to ............:pac:

I'm surprised that the Foundation Building isn't listed tbh.

It'd be great if we did get a new library/extension, but at least the extension into L208 means there's a bit more space.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Very short notice, but I'm gonna be hanging around Mary I this evening if anyone wants to have a little boardsie beers in the wicked chicken perhaps? Anyone interested?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Very short notice, but I'm gonna be hanging around Mary I this evening if anyone wants to have a little boardsie beers in the wicked chicken perhaps? Anyone interested?

Count me in.

D4RK ONION wrote: »

More notice next time please!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Hi I was in earlier today and the wireless network was down. Anyone know if it is back up and running yet?
    Also where are the best places to get wireless connection, I know about the library and l36a but anywhere else?

There used to be good wireless access in the main Reception area, but I don't know if that's still active.

Moving off topic here (THIS IS WHY WE NEED OUR OWN FORUM!) but fair play to the Live Music Soc for putting on a great open mic night in Dan Reddan's last night. Really enjoyed it!

I hear the Taoiseach is going to be officially opening the Tara building next week.

RonMexico wrote: »
    I hear the Taoiseach is going to be officially opening the Tara building next week.

Better tell Fr Wall to hide the Holy Communion wine- I don't think they serve drink anywhere else on campus:D

• Advertisement

Sorry to double post, but watching the Six One News it seems like Brian Cowen might not even be the Taoiseach by this time next week! Are there any local or college celebs that could be drafted in to do the honours instead? (Preferably not Willie O'Dee)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Going off topic, but has anyone else had trouble accessing the LAN?

I'm using micstudent\xxxx.xxxxxxx as my username, but what password do I use? I need help:o

tictac__x wrote: »
    Going off topic,
    There isn't really any topic here unfortunately, it's just a mish mash of everything!
    tictac__x wrote: »

I'm using micstudent\xxxx.xxxxxxx as my username, but what password do I use? I need help:o
    The password you use to log into computers in college.

Sorry to double post, but watching the Six One News it seems like Brian Cowen might not even be the Taoiseach by this time next week! Are there any local or college celebs that could be drafted in to do the honours instead? (Preferably not Willie O'Dee)

I hear Bishop Brennan was on standby but now he can't do it either. He's over in London for an audience with the Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I could be persuaded :D

I'm a local celebrity! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

There isn't really any topic here unfortunately, it's just a mish mash of everything!

All the more need for a Mary I sub forum :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Hi MISU,
    Will ye be putting up any new photos on the site?

I'm a local celebrity! :pac:

You sure had the women in the siopa falling over you tonight. :D

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    You sure had the women in the siopa falling over you tonight. :D

It's lovely being able to pop in there for a chat as well as a Nutrigrain bar! :D Great staff in there, as I mentioned here recently.

I feel so much more at home as a post-grad in the new building than I ever did as an under-grad in the old one.

Advertisement