Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I don't think there's any one person in the college who knows how the course works in terms of who we share lectures with (2nd B.Eds/4th BAs) and when we do teaching practice. Lecturers either don't know we're in a lecture or if they do they have the details all wrong. I hate to do so much moaning about it but it gets very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Dambarude,
    Did you only just have your first TP visit, kinda late isn't it.
    On a different topic and the MISU survey I thought Aidan shouldn't have been there in the first place. Since starting TP I'm thinking of entering X Factor next year with all the singing practice I'm getting.

lighthouse wrote: »
    Dambarude,
    Did you only just have your first TP visit, kinda late isn't it.

You sound like the lecturers:P - "What?! You're doing TP now, I thought 3rd years did senior TP in September?!"

Yes, I had my visit for TP4715 today, two weeks teaching starting next Monday.

Hope TP is going well. You'll be able to sing songs like Rocky Mountain and Beidh Aonach Ámarach for your audition, I'm sure they'd go down a treat:cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Hi Guys, totally random question..

Are the time-tabled hours the same in semester 2 as in semester 1? I'm a 1st yr ba.

Cheers

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nope the timetables change every semester, just to add that extra bit of "what the hell is going on in this college?!" :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Do Mary I have a mole in the editor's office of the Limerick Chronicle? :p

Two stories about the college made the local rag today. The silly story, of course, made the front page. The nicer side of the college was given a large chunk of the third page.

It would appear the offending Facebook page has already been removed from the site, so fair play to both Mary I and UL for getting that dealt with so quickly.

Well done also to the lads growing 'taches for Movember, and to everyone who's been raising funds for both Action Breast Cancer and Movember in the college. Jolly good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is there a way in which our students card can be activated so that its possible to take books from the UL Library?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Is there a way in which our students card can be activated so that its possible to take books from the UL Library?

It should be activated. Mine works and I didn't have to get anything done to it. Did you try asking one of the staff at the service desk? They're quite helpful in UL library!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I took books out of there last year but I had to go through the desk inside the door on the right. I couldn't use the automatic machines. She got me to fill in a form as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

That Facebook Group is back up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RonMexico wrote: »
    That Facebook Group is back up.

30 hours it was down :p
    Wonder how long it'll last? 47 minutes it's been alive this time around.

Gone already. Looks like it lasted about an hour! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

In fairness they were asking for trouble setting up a group like that. Putting up phone numbers, official logo's and stealing profile pics from other users is just idiotic.

The UCD version has almost 1400 followers. Scary.

And it's only been up and running for 2 weeks. Even more scary!

For the benefit of those non facespace-bebo-mybook posters (ie me) could somebody please explain what ye're on about?!

There was a Facebook page set up that encouraged male students in UL and Mary I to copy pictures from female students' profile pages, and to forward them to this new page along with links to the individual's page. The term "w**k-bank" was used. Only pictures of a certain calibre of woman were desired...

There was a Facebook page set up that encouraged male students in UL and Mary I to copy pictures from female students' profile pages, and to forward them to this new page along with links to the individual's page. The term "w**k-bank" was used. Only pictures of a certain calibre of woman were desired...

:eek:

I'm glad I'm not on facespace now!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I personally thought it was a dignified and well thought out group.

Oh ONION, you so crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MIC Library

Hello Poxyshamrock
    I'm checking out what's involved technically in making MIC cards work on ULs self issue machines and UL cards work on ours - will keep you informed Gerardine

• Advertisement

I know it's been said before but it's great to see the library posting here! Good to know that our voices are being heard! :)

RibenaHead wrote: »
    I know it's been said before but it's great to see the library posting here! Good to know that our voices are being heard! :)

Shame about all the voices that can be heard in the library itself!
    Was nearly impossible to read in there today between 09:30 and 13:30, with the amount of noise going on downstairs.

It was quite busy in there today alright... you'd know it's near the end of the semester.

Was in myself getting an Alive O CD... the joys:rolleyes:

dambarude wrote: »
    It was quite busy in there today alright... you'd know it's near the end of the semester.

Was in myself getting an Alive O CD... the joys:rolleyes:

I think guys need to put a capo on their b*****ks in order to reach the notes in those songs - all ridiculously high-pitched!

I think guys need to put a capo on their b*****ks in order to reach the notes in those songs - all ridiculously high-pitched!

I've never actually taught an Alive O song before, so I don't think I'll be starting on this TP. The kids seem to like them, but they've got to be the tackiest music productions ever made!

♫Connected Connected
    Everyone's connected♫
    :pac:~~~~

I think I was 8 years old when I figured out what a con those Alive-O songs were. Awful stuff altogether!

On this note, best of luck to all B. Ed. Psychs and postgrads starting T.P. this Monday and of course to all of the people on their last week of home T.P. (We're nearly there!)

Really miss being on campus!

...and of course to all of the people on their last week of home T.P. (We're nearly there!)

It must be a great feeling! Have you all your visits over? It'd be great to be able to relax during the last week.

dambarude wrote: »
    It must be a great feeling! Have you all your visits over? It'd be great to be able to relax during the last week.

It's going to be a great feeling on Friday! Wrecked tired now but in the swing of it at the same time. Have only had two visits. My supervisor's been into one lot of students for the last visit. He's got three more trips to do. I'd say he'll prob be in by Wednesday. No sign of a float yet so still on guard for the week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fitz1011

Whats mary i like im thinkin of doing arts next year. What is courtbrack like? Please reply

Advertisement