Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nice bitta copypasta there MISU :P

Annoying I wont be able to see that, love those books, I even studied it in English! Stupid work, with it's stupid money!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Nice bitta copypasta there MISU :P

Annoying I wont be able to see that, love those books, I even studied it in English! Stupid work, with it's stupid money!

Want me to get a book signed for you? I'll be there tomorrow. In the front row. :p

Want me to get a book signed for you? I'll be there tomorrow. In the front row. :p

If you could buy the OMG Delusion and get it signed, I'll pay you back with the appropriate amount of Eddie Rockets when I see you again ^_^

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you could buy the OMG Delusion and get it signed, I'll pay you back with the appropriate amount of Eddie Rockets when I see you again ^_^

Considering he gave his speech at 15:00 this afternoon, you should really have posted that a day earlier! :p

Ah no harm, I'll live. My internet went down last night and I had work today :) Was it any good?

• Advertisement

Ah no harm, I'll live. My internet went down last night and I had work today :) Was it any good?

Best hour of my life! :D

Okay, that's an exaggeration. Best hour of 2011 though. The whole show was excellent. Massive respect for Paul Howard. He stayed afterwards for over an hour signing books and chatting with everyone who queued up. Fair play to everyone involved, it was really well-organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Glad you guys liked it, there was a lot involved in setting it up. Paul didn't leave until 8pm and he was supposed to be only there for an hour.

It was funny seeing him sign students lecture notes because they didn't have a copy of his book:D

Off-topic: I thought I deleted my account here, guess it didn't work :confused: I was wasting too much time on boards in case you are wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Kicking myself that I missed the Paul Howard thing... silly hangovers!

On another note - two weeks of lectures left. Where did the year go?

RonMexico wrote: »
    Glad you guys liked it, there was a lot involved in setting it up. Paul didn't leave until 8pm and he was supposed to be only there for an hour.

It was funny seeing him sign students lecture notes because they didn't have a copy of his book:D

Off-topic: I thought I deleted my account here, guess it didn't work :confused: I was wasting too much time on boards in case you are wondering.

You can't delete a boards.ie account ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

You can't delete a boards.ie account ;)

Sorry I actually meant close my account. I know that posts cannot be deleted.
    To close your account please e-mail hello@boards.ie and the guys in the office will look after you.

I did that and received an email. That was a few weeks ago. The other day I tried to log in to see if it would work (my understanding is that when you close your account your log in details will no longer work) and hey presto - here I am.

Boards - there is no escape:eek:

• Advertisement

Boards.ie
    YOU (CAN) NOT ADVANCE

/obscure reference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Boards.ie
    YOU (CAN) NOT ADVANCE

/obscure reference

You did it wrong.

It's YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE.

Gawwwwwwwwwwwwd!

/leaves

Konata wrote: »
    You did it wrong.

It's YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE.

Gawwwwwwwwwwwwd!

/leaves

You don't even GO here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

You don't even GO here!

/in before Insect Overlord

NEITHER DO YOU!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Neither do I..

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Neither do I..
    Gah! Get out!

*wishes this was a forum instead of a thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 12 famousjenny

Denners wrote: »
    I wonder who was the lovely bloke who pissed on her cornflakes to make her sing Icy Little Fish? :D

She is very good, she should put the stalker song up on the net.

Thanks guys! Apologies for the eavesdropping, a little birdy told me I got a mention here...

Glad you like the tunes, I've put 'Stalker' up here for anyone who fancies a listen... http://soundcloud.com/jen-ronan/im-not-a-stalker-im-committed

I'm quite a well-adjusted person despite my bitter revenge-themed songs. I swear... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Exam timetables up almost a month before exams?? :eek:

WHAT HAPPENED? :p

Exam timetables up almost a month before exams?? :eek:

Shocking stuff!! Well done Mary I!!

• Advertisement

That's a mistake. Save them while you still can, surely they'll be taken down and reposted a few days before the exam. >_<

Well, in fairness, it's only a provisional timetable that's up at the moment... so it could change in the meantime!

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Hello all,

Question for those that did the BEd or BEd & Psych:

If you were to change the BEd and BEd & Psych, what would the first things you'd change/add to the courses? More TP, less/more time on Arts subject, some Ped Ops made mandatory, some modules dropped and so on....

Very broad question but respond as you see fit!

MISU

I saw on the MISU Facebook page that ye're looking for people for a focus-group on Wednesday. I finished the B.Ed this time last year. Would ye still be interested in hearing from me, or have things changed much in 2011?

I saw on the MISU Facebook page that ye're looking for people for a focus-group on Wednesday. I finished the B.Ed this time last year. Would ye still be interested in hearing from me, or have things changed much in 2011?

The Focus Groups are being run by the Education Dept themselves and they are looking for current students. We're interested in your feedback on boards though and we will bring this forward to the panel which is reivising the BEd, on which MISU has two members, one of whom is a current 3rd year BEd.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

When does the MISU want the feedback for?

I've got quite a rant to write, but I don't have enough time in the next few days to actually do it (that lack of time is part of what I'll be ranting about!).

dambarude wrote: »
    When does the MISU want the feedback for?

I've got quite a rant to write, but I don't have enough time in the next few days to actually do it (that lack of time is part of what I'll be ranting about!).

No rush really! We understand this week is nuts so next week will be fine!

Comhghairdeachas le héinne a chum alt nó dan do 'Scothsmaointe'.

An-leabhar atá ann.

(Well done to anyone wrote pieces for Scothsmaointe).

Tá trí phíosa agam ann. :)

• Advertisement

Ní fheicimse aon údar darb ainm 'Insect Overlord' nó 'Ardtiarna Feithide'...

É sin ráite, nílim ach ar lth 6 go fóill :p.

Maith thú.

Advertisement