Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Basically you go from school and sell your internal organs in the hope of 2 days of work. It's great craic altogether!

"Listen I'm just gonna get right to the point here... can I have your buttocks? I mean, if you die? They look pretty comfortable."

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

"Listen I'm just gonna get right to the point here... can I have your buttocks? I mean, if you die? They look pretty comfortable."

You want a male's bum? I thought that was only for Saturdays! :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION is for life, not just for Christmas Saturdays! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

Hey, could anyone give me a run down on the 3 different areas of Corca Duibhne, which is the best/most lively?

When we were there it was Minard, Feothanach and Ceann Trá. I was at Ceann Trá, the biggest one and it was really good fun. Most nights were spent in Páidí Ó Sé's before going on to the Hillgrove in Dingle. Have heard great reports from Minard too. Not too sure about the other!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his bum? "NO" says Insect Overlord, "it belongs to ME."

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

RibenaHead wrote: »
    When we were there it was Minard, Feothanach and Ceann Trá. I was at Ceann Trá, the biggest one and it was really good fun. Most nights were spent in Páidí Ó Sé's before going on to the Hillgrove in Dingle. Have heard great reports from Minard too. Not too sure about the other!

Okay, cool..! Was just wondering, got Ceann Trá myself, really looking forward to it.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Probably no way of knowing yet, but is it likely that the CAO points for Liberal Arts will go up this year after being 400 last year?

CAO works on a supply and demand basis. The points are worked out according to what people who put down liberal arts on their CAO form score on the Leaving Cert. They'll fill whatever number of places with the highest of these points. It really depends on people's Leaving Cert results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Just finished up my final year, and I don't mean to sound cheap but is it too late to apply for a student travel card? They're valid 'till December like :/ plus, are we not technically students until we graduate, or at least pass? :P

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Just checked it out there with the guys from STC. It's not too late to apply but as you said the card will expire on Dec 31. A new card colour will be in operation from September onwards but there will be that 3 month period where either of the two cards will suffice.

We have application forms in the office or here http://studenttravelcard.ie/images/application-form-feb09.pdf

If you want to get it done straight away just call out to UL with completed form plus student card and they can do it on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Sure wait til September and apply then in one of the locations that do it on the spot, they'll only look at your student card, which generally will be dated til Sep/Oct anyway right? That way, you will have a student travel card til Dec 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Hi.

Any ideas if the post grad will be going ahead next January??:confused:

macslash wrote: »
    Hi.

Any ideas if the post grad will be going ahead next January??:confused:

Won't be confirmed 'till closer to the time, but they have said that they've changed the postgraduate programme from 18 months to 2 years so it does seem like it will be going ahead. Hard to call tbh :o

Won't be confirmed 'till closer to the time, but they have said that they've changed the postgraduate programme from 18 months to 2 years so it does seem like it will be going ahead. Hard to call tbh :o

Thank you. I thought that they were only provisionally saying it will change to 2 years and that it has not been confirmed? Unlike the B.Ed which is changing to 4 years?
    I really hope it goes ahead.

According to both the Teaching Council and the Dept of Education & Skills the Post Grad will be extended to two years, beginning in Sept 2014. You can see the info here from the DES's document in relation to improving literacy and numeracy. There's also info relating to the course's extension to two years discussed in TC's Draft Policy on the Continuum of Teacher Education here.

This would indicate the course is here to stay!

I got this reply a few pages back when I enquired about it. Really is all they know at the moment :)

Ya I remember reading that. I have enquired in the college on a couple of occasions and all they said is to check in October whether it will be on or not and what the numbers will be! Not much to go on! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Anybody know if Library and Arts office are still open and the times please? Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The Library's open 9.30-5 Mon to Friday (link).

I'd say the Arts office is open normal hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Is there a really high girls:guys ratio in Mary I or is it just blown out of proportion? :confused:

• Advertisement

@13spanner

yes there is a really high ratio. I'd put it at around 9:1 (but I may be wrong!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Hey guys, is it true that mature students can't go on work experience in 3rd year? A fellow future mature student was informed of this yesterday and it's news to us. I'm gutted tbh and if I'd known this before I applied (and accepted!!) it would have had a huge bearing on my choice to go to Mary I. I've searched the MIC website and can't see anywhere that says mature students are excluded from work exp (but maybe it's just me not seeing the info?)
    Cheers.

I think they can ciderswigger. It's just that a lot of them elect themselves not to go on work experience (due their circumstances) and choose to study for the year instead. Well that's my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

13spanner wrote: »
    Is there a really high girls:guys ratio in Mary I or is it just blown out of proportion? :confused:

nope not blown out of proportion at all...
    think its about 7/8:1

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Newteacher

Hoping someone out there will be able to direct me to the TARA building on the MIC campus please!!! Directions from main reception desk please. Where should i park? Thanks a mil

Newteacher wrote: »
    Hoping someone out there will be able to direct me to the TARA building on the MIC campus please!!! Directions from main reception desk please. Where should i park? Thanks a mil

It would be much easier for you to find it from the Courtbrack Avenue/Scotts entrance.

Coming from the main reception desk, walk through the main building, past the chapel, and out past the music practice rooms towards the library building. There's a set of steps leading down to a door directly opposite the library building entrance there.

I'm not sure what the exact arrangements are WRT parking at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Newteacher

Thanks a million I.O.!! I know exactly where you are talking about now!!! Nite!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dillane11

tbh there is a pretty obvious split between girls and boys but everyone mingles together so theres no problem there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roisin24

----EDITED

• Advertisement

^^^^^
    If I was a cat, curiosity would have killed me at this stage:pac:

Advertisement