Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Miaow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Best of luck to all getting results tomorrow! :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Getting to the results is where we'll need the luck if Christmas is anything to go by...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Sure its done now. Might have gone better than ya think!

I'm in the discretionary band atm, if I get what I need in my dissertation I'll have got my 1.1, and if I don't get it I'll cry like a sissy girl for getting so damn close! :P

Ooooh best of luck everyone! Hope you get that desired dissertation grade, boomkatalog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

It's so annoying that Mary I don't have their own forum! Sorta puts me
    off going there, just seems that feck all people go there!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

biggaman wrote: »
    It's so annoying that Mary I don't have their own forum! Sorta puts me
    off going there, just seems that feck all people go there!?

3000 is a big enough number of students, especially for such a small campus.
    Hopefully there will be a decision on the new forum soon! The SU have made great use of this thread, and I reckon they could attract a lot of new people to a new forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Liberal Arts was 395 last year, any way of knowing if it's likely to be higher or lower this year?

In a word, no!

Sorry! Even if people were talking about the points around the college it'd still only be speculation unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

13spanner wrote: »
    Liberal Arts was 395 last year, any way of knowing if it's likely to be higher or lower this year?

It isn't even decided until July!

• Advertisement

August even, I'd say...

According to the Ed Office, the education module breakdown won't be up on the LAN until this afternoon.

(Thanks MISU Office for finding that out! :) )

Well done to everybody who was waiting on results.

On another note, it's pretty obvious what this survey is getting at. It's a pity the college itself hasn't carry out a similar one. I don't think they'll be best pleased with the results they get... basically that we're only taught to teach Alive O, and nothing else. And even with that our knowledge of Alive O and RC is pretty scratchy (well mine can be at least!).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dillane11

dambarude wrote: »
    Well done to everybody who was waiting on results.

On another note, it's pretty obvious what this survey is getting at. It's a pity the college itself hasn't carry out a similar one. I don't think they'll be best pleased with the results they get... basically that we're only taught to teach Alive O, and nothing else. And even with that our knowledge of Alive O and RC is pretty scratchy (well mine can be at least!).

Its true though... we're told to respect diversity but then at least 40% if not more of our lectures are on methodologies of alive o.. although its a hard one to call because most schools bar a small few do use alive o... and yet we still dont have a great knowledge of it...

Much more than 40% I'd say! All of Cert in Religion is meant to be the theological background of Alive O and the sacraments etc. I'd say 98% myself!

The only non-Catholic bits that stand out are one lecture on Educate Together in first year (basically the strands and strand units) and the semester of Cert in RE on World Religions (which was very good). I'd agree that as long as the schools are 90% Catholic controlled you could say the college is right to do this, but as that changes it won't be any longer. I've absolutely nothing against the teaching of RC in schools (I am one myself), but the college doesn't cater very well for other school ethos' at all. That said, it is beginning to move in the right direction with the elective on ET schools (however bad the takeup was).

Ed Results breakdown is up!

Sorry to post again again, but:

Does anybody know if getting a grade rechecked is still only a calculator exercise? ie. Are lecturers still only checking it's added correctly rather than checking content?

Sorry to post again again, but:

Does anybody know if getting a grade rechecked is still only a calculator exercise? ie. Are lecturers still only checking it's added correctly rather than checking content?

MISU were working to have it changed from recounting marks to rechecking the quality of answers. Not sure if the change has come into effect this semester!

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

RibenaHead wrote: »
    MISU were working to have it changed from recounting marks to rechecking the quality of answers. Not sure if the change has come into effect this semester!

We have successfully changed the regulations but unfortunately they don't come into play until September so it is still being rechecked under the "old regulations". A lot of lecturers do reread the entire paper but they are not obliged to.

@MISUOffice - no 3rd B.Ed Psy Gaeilge Ghairmiúil results up yet. I've checked the 3rd B.Ed Results file but it's not in with it. Thanks!

• Advertisement

@MISUOffice - no 3rd B.Ed Psy Gaeilge Ghairmiúil results up yet. I've checked the 3rd B.Ed Results file but it's not in with it. Thanks!

They are still in the process of putting everything together and getting them up online. Check back again later on this afternoon to see if they have been uploaded.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

We have successfully changed the regulations but unfortunately they don't come into play until September so it is still being rechecked under the "old regulations". A lot of lecturers do reread the entire paper but they are not obliged to.

I must say, fair play to you guys. You really have backed up pretty much every claim you put out. I really respect that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Do we get a hard copy posted of our results? I'm a first year and need a copy of them for renewing my grant

@MISUOffice: Sorry again but those Gaeilge Ghairmiúil results still haven't appeared... it looks to me like they've been forgotten about. Who should be contacted to sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

@MISUoffice

If I repeat two F grades and get C3s, which will bring me up over 2 in my QCA, do I have to repeat two D1s...(if my current QCA is below 2).

Thanks.

@MISUoffice

If I repeat two F grades and get C3s, which will bring me up over 2 in my QCA, do I have to repeat two D1s...(if my current QCA is below 2).

Thanks.

You will be OK to just repeat the two F grades. However, you need to be pretty confident that you will get the C3s because if you don't it might not bring you over the 2.0 and you'd have to link-in.

Also, @dambarude, we are still waiting to hear from the Education Office in relation to these results.

MISU

@MISUOffice: Sorry again but those Gaeilge Ghairmiúil results still haven't appeared... it looks to me like they've been forgotten about. Who should be contacted to sort it out?

Results should now be on the LAN.

Tá siad cinnte, thanks MISU!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Do we get a hard copy posted of our results? I'm a first year and need a copy of them for renewing my grant

when you log into your results on the ul website go to student transcript and print it out! thatl do the trick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Thanks MISU :)

Advertisement