Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Thanks..keep the thread updated if ye hear anything!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

... somebody's very eager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

*quietly stalks thread for postgrad info*

We're all lurking, waiting to pounce. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

dambarude wrote: »
    ... somebody's very eager!

haha very eager..and bored of waiting!

It's a joke how late they decide in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

Was in the library there yesterday trying to wrap up some of my assignments and I was a bit disgusted to see that the internet in the library doesn't funtion anymore.

Something needs to be sorted here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭k_smash

Was in the library there yesterday trying to wrap up some of my assignments and I was a bit disgusted to see that the internet in the library doesn't funtion anymore.

Something needs to be sorted here.

The internet in the library does actually work, but when too many people connect to it it doesnt allow some people to connect to it. So dont be frustrated if you see the person next to using internet and yours not working.. thats what happens all the time and its a pure case of 'Typical Mary I'...
    Its been like this since they got the wireless last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

Its just strange that I never experienced problems previously last year, and I expected everything to be functioning the same at it was. Its the first time I've heard of this anomaly in the system, but it does make sense.

When trying in the laptop area just outside the library I have never experienced difficulty however..

We've been told it will probably closer to December before the Dept of Education & Skills give the go ahead and details of the intake.

I heard there is an open night for Prospective Education Postgraduate Students next Thursday the 24th, at 6-8? Am I right? :cool:

What week is it in college now? When is study week? I'm in TP time at the moment so haven't a clue:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭k_smash

What week is it in college now? When is study week? I'm in TP time at the moment so haven't a clue:pac:

im on tp too.. puke :/ its week 12 though :)

• Advertisement

Thanks... is the week coming week 12, or is week 12 just over? Hope TP is going well. We're on the home stretch now thank God!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

The week coming is week 12, study week is week 13. I wish I'd studied more/at all!

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

macslash wrote: »
    I heard there is an open night for Prospective Education Postgraduate Students next Thursday the 24th, at 6-8? Am I right? :cool:

You did indeed hear correct.

The MEd Open Night is this Thursday, 24th November from 6pm - 8pm in Room T115 (Tara) for Prospective Education Postgraduate students

(Particularly B.Ed.3, BA/ECCE & Grad C, Grad Dip ACE, Grad Dip ICT, Grad Dip SEN, Grad Dip ECCE, Grad Dip MTD)

Areas covered will include; eligibility, application procedures; course structure, course delivery, & fees.

All that info is from the poster that went up around college for it.

Thank you. So anyone interested in the postgrad is welcome to attend?

You did indeed hear correct.

The MEd Open Night is this Thursday, 24th November from 6pm - 8pm in Room T115 (Tara) for Prospective Education Postgraduate students

(Particularly B.Ed.3, BA/ECCE & Grad C, Grad Dip ACE, Grad Dip ICT, Grad Dip SEN, Grad Dip ECCE, Grad Dip MTD)

Areas covered will include; eligibility, application procedures; course structure, course delivery, & fees.

All that info is from the poster that went up around college for it.

What good is that for B.Eds and B.Ed Psychs who are in the four corners of Ireland on Home TP?

@macslash, it sounds to me that this open night is for the Master in Ed, not the Grad Dip in Primary teaching.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

What good is that for B.Eds and B.Ed Psychs who are in the four corners of Ireland on Home TP?

@macslash, it sounds to me that this open night is for the Master in Ed, not the Grad Dip in Primary teaching.

You are indeed correct. It is not an evening about the Grad Dip but the Masters in Education.

In regards to the Grad Dip itself, it may be confirmed by the end of this week. We will post a story on misu.ie when it is confirmed.

Thank you both.

To dambarude, hope your tp is going well! :p

macslash wrote: »
    Thank you both.

To dambarude, hope your tp is going well! :p

I just wish it was over! Had my last supervisor visit today... but can't relax until a float comes (if one is coming at all). It'd be great if they came tomorrow so I could get some sleep for the rest of the week!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Anyone claimed fieldtrip expenses back?? getting the run around between college and the vec

RE: The M.Ed open night tomorrow... I would have gone to it if it wasn't on at such a ridiculous time.

I realise that teachers and other students will be interested in the M.Ed programme, but surely the one cohort within the college that is most likely to attend (i.e. final year education students) should be enabled to do so?

• Advertisement

Well done to MISU for getting on the DES regarding the Grad Dip. Going by the response given I wouldn't be surprised if the course didn't go ahead... I know a lot of people on www.educationposts.ie are clamouring for cuts in teacher course numbers.

http://www.misu.ie/index.php/maryilive/news/1697-misu-seeks-clarification-over-grad-dip-from-department-of-education

I've never had a back-up plan for anything to do other than Teach. Finished my ECCE degree in May, not having any intention to stay doing this forever. Now it's looking like even if the grad dip does go ahead, I won't be able to afford it, and I wouldn't be likely to get work at the end of it anyway. Frustrating to say the least... Now I have to go right back to basics and make up a new dream for myself :(

Chin up boomkatalog:). Where there's a will..

Is it cynical to think after a certain point you should abandon your dream?

Whatever I end up doing anyway, there'll be kids there to make Monday mornings go that little bit quicker. Awesome little creatures they are :D

Is it cynical to think after a certain point you should abandon your dream?

I don't think so... I never think it's a good idea to be TOO set on what one wants to do, because it can lead to disappointment. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't aim for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

How's the library looking these days? People packed in like Sardines?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

How's the library looking these days? People packed in like Sardines?

was in there briefly yesterday and its starting to build.... don't get it myself, couldn't bear the thought of being crammed in with everyone.
    Room T313 has been allocated as extra study space - woohoo:D

Any word on the postgrad? Whether it's been announced or not I'm sure the decision is more or less made by the DES.

@ dambarude: going by today, it's not looking great

:(

• Advertisement

It seemed like it would go ahead, they were planning on changing it to a two year course, why make such big decisions if you're not going to run it at all? Plus, its more money for them, even if we are out of work at the end of all that hard work and debt.

Advertisement