Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

dambarude wrote: »
    Brilliant news on the SPSS discs and extra sockets in the library. Fair play!

And where did I go last night? Out to UL to get SPSS! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Brilliant news on the SPSS discs and extra sockets in the library. Fair play!

Typical - just as everyone is finishing assignments (hate geog!!)... still, better late than never!!

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Typical - just as everyone is finishing assignments (hate geog!!)... still, better late than never!!

Tell me about it! 12pm tomorrow can't come quick enough! :D

Tell me about it! 12pm tomorrow can't come quick enough! :D

The amount of work being put into that poxy report for 15% is unreal...
    no wonder they are teaching spss to 1st years now:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

On the subject of the library, is there any way that they could change the way they notify people of reservations that are awaiting collection?

I've invariably collected the book, picked out what I needed, and returned it by the time I get a call from home telling me a letter has arrived about it. It's a terrible waste of money and paper. If somebody has reserved a book they should either have to check up on it via the online system themselves, or receive an email about it.

The money saved on franking and envelopes could be invested in some of those sockets ;)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

On the subject of the library, is there any way that they could change the way they notify people of reservations that are awaiting collection?

I've invariably collected the book, picked out what I needed, and returned it by the time I get a call from home telling me a letter has arrived about it. It's a terrible waste of money and paper. If somebody has reserved a book they should either have to check up on it via the online system themselves, or receive an email about it.

The money saved on franking and envelopes could be invested in some of those sockets ;)

We raised this issue with the Library and from September it will be changing to an email alert.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

We raised this issue with the Library and from September it will be changing to an email alert.

I always knew I voted the right way 2 years ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

Left Mary I forever today! Depression setting in already. What exactly are you supposed to do post-college? :p Had a little nostalgic walk around the college before I went home, amazing how much it's changed in just 3 short years!

Best of luck with life after Mary I Cailin!

My leaving has been postponed due to the TEFL course. I'm sure I'll be feeling the same come next week!

Thanks to my last thread we now have as many as IT Tralee!

And who said we don't deserve a forum! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What exactly are you supposed to do post-college?

Assuming you're B.Ed (3 years) you'll have enough to keep you occupied post-college. Be it sending off many many CVs, or visiting schools for subbing work begging (I mean er... enquiries >_>) you should be kept busy :P First and foremost though, enjoy the last few months of your relatively stress free non-adult like life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Is everyone in the forum leaving college? :(

I'm only going into 2nd year.......hopefully! :D

Is everyone in the forum leaving college? :(

I'm only going into 2nd year.......hopefully! :D

Heading into 3rd year of Arts in September!

Heading into 3rd year of Arts in September!

Fwend!! Boardsie fwend!

tumblr_lrtvr36FGe1r2f7n0o1_500.gif

Fwend!! Boardsie fwend!

I'm heading into 3rd year arts as well:D

I'm heading into 3rd year arts as well:D

Speaking of the B.A, any thoughts on what elective I should pick? I heard TEFL is really tough (that's if you even get it) and too much hassle for an elective. I've just done a year of Leann Duchais so definitely don't want to do the old Irish module. IT and Women/Gender Studies are on the list too.....ugh....

Speaking of the B.A, any thoughts on what elective I should pick? I heard TEFL is really tough (that's if you even get it) and too much hassle for an elective. I've just done a year of Leann Duchais so definitely don't want to do the old Irish module. IT and Women/Gender Studies are on the list too.....ugh....

Well I did IT cos I'm doing psych, it's not too bad but it depends really on what you want to do. Friends of mine did tefl and enjoyed it but it is hard work to be honest the general consensus is that electives in 2nd year are tougher.

I've done the first semester of IT, and I found it really good. A very approachable and dedicated lecturer delivers the module. It's very good to have some knowledge of Access and the other programmes covered, as well as basics about IT development. The second semester covers Dreamworks (website design) and photo editing as far as I know, which should be useful too.

I'v:rolleyes:
    e done the first semester of IT, and I found it really good. A very approachable and dedicated lecturer delivers the module. It's very good to have some knowledge of Access and the other programmes covered, as well as basics about IT development. The second semester covers Dreamworks (website design) and photo editing as far as I know, which should be useful too.

The teaching of the 2nd semester apparently left a lot to be desired. I didn't do it but friends that did said it was rushed and too much was covered in such a short time. Hopefully they will tweak it a bit for the next time

• Advertisement

The teaching of the 2nd semester apparently left a lot to be desired. I didn't do it but friends that did said it was rushed and too much was covered in such a short time. Hopefully they will tweak it a bit for the next time

I've done much of the content of the second module elsewhere, and I know it can be intensive enough. A fair bit of independent work would probably be required to do well in it.

Having Mary Fox in first year was definitely the highlight of IT! Gas woman!

Yeah I'm thinking TEFL 1st and IT as my 2nd choice. I know that if you miss the hours in TEFL they can make you leave and this year I had a lot of family stuff going on and missed a good few hours so I'll need to think about the TEFL and my commitment.

Meh....I'll think about it in August....:D

Rain rain go away come again another day F**K OFF!

What change was made to the assistantships, does anybody know?

Results are out tomorrow! :eek: I know I've definitely got 2 to repeat cos of I grades and all that but fingers crossed I pass everything else. Looking forward to 2nd year and finally dropping the extra two subjects and focusing on my main ones.

Best of luck to everyone!! Hope I don't have to see ye in August. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll still be around the place until December at the least, if anyone fancies a small MIC Boardsies meet-up.

Results are out tomorrow! :eek: I know I've definitely got 2 to repeat cos of I grades and all that but fingers crossed I pass everything else. Looking forward to 2nd year and finally dropping the extra two subjects and focusing on my main ones.

Best of luck to everyone!! Hope I don't have to see ye in August. :D

Good luck, hope all goes well in the exams you took!
    Can't believe how quick it's come round this time!
    Good luck to everyone, and really hope I pass all mine - bit dodgy about one of mine but not a lot I can do now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

Thanks angeldaisy.
    Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

Good luck everyone! :)

Advertisement