Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City Airport (Getting there)

Options
  • 23-04-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Anyone know the quickest best way to Galway Airport?

Is there a bus?

Or is a Taxi just as handy..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

A taxi is probably the handiest but I doubt it would be cheap. Are you going from the city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

There is a bus service but it's so infrequent that it's not really worth considering. Just get a taxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GaGa25

I will be yeah.

How much about? Any idea?

I thought there would be a bus - had a goo on Bus Eireann?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

There is a bus but it doesn't go to the airport very frequently so you could be hours early for your flight before the next bus goes there which could be hours late for the bus.

As far as I know it's roughly €15 to take a taxi but allow for more just incase. Definitely shouldn't be more than €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Also, the one thing to be careful of when getting to Galway Airport is evening traffic. Normally it's really quick to get there but if you get caught in evening traffic on a bad day you can be delayed a lot getting out there. I remember once driving out there for an evening flight with lots of time to spare and due to road works checking in 15 minutes before my flight.

(Of course, it being Galway the flight then left 40 minutes late...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Link to the Bus Station - Airport bus service

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you're really price-sensitive, or want to avoid the risk of a big bill due to heavy traffic:

#9 bus to Briarhill shopping centre.
    Book a hackney (cheaper than regular taxis) to meet you there for the rest of the trip.

Advertisement