Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange little creature

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

im guessing some kind of meekrat?! very cute... beautiful eyes
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

looks like a type of bush baby to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would agree wirg pawrick - looks kinda like a bush baby - so I would say its a type of primate. Very cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Oh god, that's the creepiest thing I've ever seen in my life!
    The eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

It's a loris for sure. which exact species i'm not certain but i'd guess Nycticebus Bengalensis. I think it's sad when wild animals like these are taken in as pets.

They are prosimians, groups of primates that are "more primitive" then apes and monkeys. Relatives include lemurs, ayeayes, pottos and tarsiers.

Lovely big eyes and dexterous hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I think it's sad when wild animals like these are taken in as pets.

Ahh come on, he's loving it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thanks guys. Have to tell the GF now, she said she wanted one after I showed her the video.

I told her I would never keep a primate as a pet, so this little Mogwai can be rulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

awh adorable, he looks like King Julian in Madagascar!!!

But obviously he should be in his natural environment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I want one of those they are so cute awwwww!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

yep definatly a loris....super cute...me and the OH have been doing impressions of that little fella all week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It's a loris for sure. which exact species i'm not certain but i'd guess Nycticebus Bengalensis. I think it's sad when wild animals like these are taken in as pets.

They are prosimians, groups of primates that are "more primitive" then apes and monkeys. Relatives include lemurs, ayeayes, pottos and tarsiers.

Lovely big eyes and dexterous hands.

Especially when you find out how some of them are sourced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Slow Lorris

They do not make ideal pets.

They are endangered and do not breed well in captivity. Mothers are killed for their babies and often the babies teeth are pulled out to make them look younger. They have a strong grip so when pulled roughly out of cages broken bones can ensue.

They mark their territory with urine and can't be trained out of it. For some reason people want them as pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

that little fella is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I want to itch his belly!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

It could be me , only it's better looking.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

wow its so cute ................if you look remotley like that marlin ill take u in Lol

Advertisement