Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital. A disgraceful customer service!

Options
  • 23-04-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Thought Id let you know my experience with Sky Digital today.

I rang to cancel my Sky Sports & Movies Package, still keeping the 4 mix package.

They tell me I can't downgrade because my Sky was account was activated less than 30 days ago. I tell them that I have been with them for over 2 months & tell them they can even check the Direct Debit, so they do and notice I have been charged for 3 months ( Charge one month in advance).

I keep being transfered from Billing Department to Cancelation and so on.
    I was sick of it! Me paying for calls when its their mistake. I ask the agent for an address and he gives me an address in Scotland, which is another cost.

What should I do next? Email? Do sky have a direct email rather than a big form you fill ect. on their site?

Have you experienced poor customer service with sky?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They used to be brilliant, went down the toilet a couple of years ago. Email doesn't work with belligerent organisations. Write it it down on good old fashioned paper and send it as a registered letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Davy wrote: »

Yup. Thats 100% True. I have not altered my package for over 2 months and thats well over 30 days.
    I should be able to change it, but I am getting nowhere with them.

It would cost to send a letter to scotland and by the time it would get there. Would they even bother to do anything. I might as well wait 30 days to change.

Or speak to a manager.

With regards letter,I could insist they give a Irish address which they must have, but i'm sure we all know the response I will get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

padocon wrote: »
    It would cost to send a letter to scotland
    It's less than a euro to send a letter to the UK.
    and by the time it would get there
    About a week.
    I might as well wait 30 days to change.
    It's your money. But what's the point in complaining if you're going to take that attitude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fruity

i've never had a problem changing my sky package. often chop and change between adding and removing both movies and sports. so long as you don't try and downgrade within 30 days of your upgrade it shouldn't be an issue. unless they've changed their policy. i'd call them back again. sometimes its depends who you're talking to so maybe you'll get someone more helpful if you try again. good luck.

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote: »
    It's less than a euro to send a letter to the UK.

About a week.

It's your money. But what's the point in complaining if you're going to take that attitude?

That not my attitude. Why should I pay for a mistake of theirs, email is free and arrives straight away. Also the address is in Scoland.
    Anyone know Sky email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Postal address: Sky Subscribers Services, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian EH54 7DD

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

they won't reply - look at this site

http://www.weeklygripe.co.uk/a210.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

You will have to do what everyone else has the misfortunate of having to do. Keep ringing until you are lucky enough to speak with someone who gives a crap and who will help you. Thats how we found their service. Still with them though - i cant imagine what assault course I will have to endure if i want to unsubscribe! I tried to complain - two registered letters to the UK but both ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Simple just cancel the direct debit and the pigmy won't be long in cutting you off.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I rang up to change my mix. Took less then two minutes and everything went fine. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

OH is always chopping and changing channels with Sky. Doesn't seem to have had any problems. Maybe you're just unlucky :(

Simple just cancel the direct debit and the pigmy won't be long in cutting you off.

MC

Im on a 12month contract. Also I only want to alter the package not get rid of the whole lot. I would do that, if I was not on contract.

MarkR wrote: »
    I rang up to change my mix. Took less then two minutes and everything went fine. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Thats good what phone no do you use?
    Its the fact there is a mistake on the system that I can't change mine.

Advertisement