Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent relief for a few years

Options
  • 23-04-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

Just a quick query in relation to rent relief. Myself and my house mates stumbled across this relief payment a few days ago and reckon we're due the 400e for each of the 2 years we've been living here. When filling out the Rent1 form it asks what year you are claiming back on and from what dates etc. Right, so we started renting in September 07' until may 08' and then again in September 08' to May again this year 09. So what year will i put down on the forms and will have to fill out 2 or more perhaps?

cheers
    Paul:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

As long as you are paying tax then you should be entitled to some relief. In this case you can put in a claim for 3 years - 2007, 2008, 2009.

You need to complete 3 forms but this can all be done online now with the ros.ie service - much more efficient

Advertisement