Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Eireann Open Road Tourist Pass

• 23-04-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

I've done a search but can find any info on these.

I have to make quite a few trips over the course of a weekend next month (Dublin - Carrick; Carrick- Galway; Galway- Charleville; Charleville- Dublin) Bought individually it'll come to approx €90 by bus

Bus Eireann's Open Road Pass https://194.106.151.95/asp/ExplorerList.asp allows for 3 days travel over 6 days for €54. If purchased on the friday will I be able to use it on the Fri, Sat and Sunday as my 3 days? I can't find any terms and conditions on the site. I will need to make 2 journeys on the Sunday - is this allowed on this ticket. The site says ''For every day of travel you require, you have two days to use it - i.e. Three days travel out of six up to fifteen days travel on a thirty day Open Road Pass.''

From what I can make out this will suit my needs but I don't want to buy it and then find I can't use it at some stage over the weekend!!!

God, I wish I drove!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

With the ticket, you have unlimited travel on any 3 days that you choose over a consecutive 6 day period.

The 6 day period starts on the date that you buy the ticket.

So if you bought it today, you can use it today, tomorrow and Sunday, or today, Monday, Wednesday etc. On each day that you use it, you can get on/off as many buses as you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

So, in other words, you have to use it the following 2 days after the 1st one you use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

No, after the first day you use it, you can use it on two more days, which DON'T need to be the next two, but need to be somewhere in the next 5.

I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Jim Martin wrote: »
    So, in other words, you have to use it the following 2 days after the 1st one you use it.

No - read my reply again.
    KC61 wrote: »
    With the ticket, you have unlimited travel on any 3 days that you choose over a consecutive 6 day period.

The 6 day period starts on the date that you buy the ticket.

So if you bought it today (Friday), you can use it today, tomorrow and Sunday, or today, Monday, Wednesday etc. On each day that you use it, you can get on/off as many buses as you like.

In other words over a 6 day consecutive period, you can use the ticket on any 3 days. They do not have to be consecutive.

Advertisement