Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bookie for In Play Bets

Options
  • 23-04-2009 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm just wondering whats the best online bookie to use for in play live betting. I currently use bet365 and find it good enough but am wondering is there any other similar sites ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Jump in and say skybet is the worst anyway........... pages never seem to load, then the price will change a minimum of twice before you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Do you use the exchanges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭superfootyfan

wb wrote: »
    Do you use the exchanges?

No i gave betfair a go but didn't find it to my liking I'm just looking for something similar to bet365 thanks for the relpies !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

No i gave betfair a go but didn't find it to my liking I'm just looking for something similar to bet365 thanks for the relpies !

Try stick it out. Everybody says that after their first time :pac:. Just throw a few small stakes here and there to try get a feel for it. If you want your gambling to pay off you're better off using betfair as you'll usually get the price on there. For instance, in the Utd match today at half time Utd were 6.8 (I think) while with the majority of bookies they were 5.5ish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Betfair Mobile is a simple and easy option at times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Betfair, hands down.

I barred myself from it a month ago after losing 6 months winnings in an afternoon. Really wish i hadnt now, betdaq is all im stuck with. And its a bit of a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭timaaaaay

What is betfair mobile like?

I'm on vodafone and I find using the internet on my phone to be very tedious. I downloaded the gmail app but could never get it to work. I suspect the same could happen with Betfair Mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Stan James are pretty decent with regards to in running prices, Ladbrokes, although some of their prices are off they do offer live football streaming. Bwin is prob the best, bet365 not far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Betfair is the best.

Up to the final whistle and the market adjusts quicker than the conventional bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 will000

ladbrokes is the best for in running bets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Betfair Mobile is Very good.
    Gmail application works on socket and wont work on Vodaphone. Download Opera Mini 4.2 and get your gmail on that.

Betfair Mobile will work on vodaphone bit better on Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

He/she asked for an online bookie not a betting exchange.

Famous45 wrote: »
    He/she asked for an online bookie not a betting exchange.

In that case go with sbobet.com or 188bet.com, two Asian bookies who I've been told never limit winning accounts.

They bet in running on almost every game on the planet it seems, including all League of Ireland games, under 19 womens international friendlies, English conference reserve matches, Russian reserve games, Turkish U18 just to name a few!

My favourite part of betting in running with them is that you can always bet on who will win the rest of the match, despite the score at the time you place the bet. If the remainder of the game is a draw, then you get your money back (bet void). The odds in-running update instantly so you always know what you're getting. If the game is not on TV, there may be up to 2 minutes of a delay before you're bet is accepted but that's just to ensure that you haven't heard of a goal at the game before they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

So if you bet on a team to win that's 2-1 up in the 85th minute only to draw 2-2 you get your money back?

Sounds too good to be true..

No, you bet on who will win the rest of the match. As if the score was 0-0 when you placed your bet and only goals from then on count for the purposes of your bet.

The example you gave would be a 1-0 loss for the rest of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

timaaaaay wrote: »
    They bet in running on almost every game on the planet it seems, including all League of Ireland games, under 19 womens international friendlies, English conference reserve matches, Russian reserve games, Turkish U18 just to name a few!

BIR on the LoI is growing fastly enough. You go to any ground over the weekend and you'll easily spot 2 or 3 foreigners on their mobiles for 90 mins updating these firms. During the pre-season I was at a Shels-Kildare County friendly in Newbridge, there were no more than 40 fans and there were 2 Asians giving updates to the betting sites. Betting in running on Shels games is something that I'm going to try get involved in.....

Advertisement