Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 24-04-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Looking for feedback on my Family Guy fan website, which has been online for over a year and has become pretty popular. It's been an ongoing pet project of mine, studying computer science at Uni currently and obviously, being a huge Family Guy fan also.

We recently upgraded to WordPress, which opened many doors for the website. Anyway, check it out, have a few clicks around and tell me what you think. Constructive criticism welcomed.

http://www.freakinsweetnews.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Very nice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I used to run one years ago for 'The Simpsons'. We were shutdown like many others by Fox. I assume this is no longer the case?

Great site, good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Nice looking site, well put together. Just curious why you went with a left aligned format?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

tasty

best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Only crib might be the green used in the dates is a little hard to read at first glance. The layout feels right. Not so easy to do! Dues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Freakin sweet...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

yeah it is really good looking. What did you use to design it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Looks good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Cool site-Herbert the pervert needs to be in the character profile section though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well done very good. See you have good enough traffic too. Keep up good work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

In Firefox and Chrome the content is aligned to the left but it is centered in Internet Explorer.

Strange because it's usually a case of Internet Explorer aligning content to the left and all other browsers understanding the "margin:auto" which centers the contents.

What method are you using? Maybe you should tweak it so that the site is centered on all browsers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Sully wrote: »
    I used to run one years ago for 'The Simpsons'. We were shutdown like many others by Fox. I assume this is no longer the case?

Great site, good work :)

Yea how the frick do you get away with all those images?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Nice looking site. Well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

donnyvegas wrote: »
    yeah it is really good looking. What did you use to design it?

thanks, photoshop cs2
    elyod wrote: »
    In Firefox and Chrome the content is aligned to the left but it is centered in Internet Explorer.

Strange because it's usually a case of Internet Explorer aligning content to the left and all other browsers understanding the "margin:auto" which centers the contents.

What method are you using? Maybe you should tweak it so that the site is centered on all browsers.

hmm, just noticed that. strange. I'm not using any alignment if I remember right.
    Jackz wrote: »
    Yea how the frick do you get away with all those images?

Those large images in news posts are promotional images. Fox give image accounts to certain businesses and websites, for which they can use the images for promotional use. And technically, that's what I'm doing:pac: I don't claim to own any images, and Fox appreciate a little disclaimer in the footer saying this.

Fox used to be right pricks with their C&Ds, but I think theyve finally realised that the presence of websites like mine aren't hurting anyone. If anything, we're promoting the show for free. And they can't complain about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

Great site, 10/10 :D

How much are you making from the advertisements though?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

Not much, annually, I just about cover my hosting costs for the year, probably a few cent every day. I only ever usually have 1 advertisement on each page though, so I can't expect much. I wouldn't put any more as I find excessive ads on other sites infuriating.

Advertisement