Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jade: The Musical

Options
  • 24-04-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭

Courtesy of Sky News. Link
    Sky News wrote:
    Another tribute for Jade Goody is in the pipeline.

And this time it's in the form of a musical.

A former business partner and friend of Jade's has confirmed that a musical based on her life is set to go ahead.

Head of the project, Danny Hayward, who was one of the best men at Jade's wedding to Jack Tweed, has said he'll be holding auditions for the role of Jade.

He's said: "Jade was just an ordinary girl and the person who plays her will reflect that.

"The most important thing is to give someone a break, just like she got."

However, Jade's publicist, Max Clifford, has said: "It's an idea that's got legs, but it's nothing definite.

"It's not all signed and sealed, but it's something that's likely to happen."

Danny went on to say: "Her dream as a little girl was to be in a musical, so obviously when she passed away it felt fitting to do something like this."

Jade died on Sunday 22nd of March this year after losing her battle against cancer.

Seriously? I just think this is bloody awful. Perhaps I'm being a snob but a musical about Jade?? Ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

I hated that woman. I hated the media swarm around her even more. This is a new low....if thats possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Will they get a skinny actress and put in her a fat suit or...hire a pig and put it in a dress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The ending to that is gonna be dragged out for waaaay too long

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

It's just horrific. There are no words. What would they even write the songs about?

Like Team America? Everyone has CANCER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

well,she made alot of money for her family,even her mother is getting in on the act now,telling storys to the tabloids

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Typical two-faced english media....
    Just like Princess Diana - they slated her while she was alive and then the whole place goes into mourning as soon as she died.........
    Not that i'm comparing jade with Diana.........if that was possible.....:eek:

diana was a do gooder,a figure head,she never wanted the attention,she often tried her best to get away from it all,jade came famous for big bro,then,for some odd reason came famous for been famous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

She basically became famous for being loud, obnoxious and fat. And this was different from anyone else who was famous at the time, because most people knew these weren't admirable traits. So for some reason everyone admired htat she was different and individual or something... And now we get to sing about her? The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look if they can make Hedwig and the angry inch they can make Jade and the cancerous cúnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I don't think you're being a snob Fon, it's a bit OTT.
    She's like marmite, love or hate her. I wasn't a big fan, but in fairness I watched some of her stuff and I felt awful sorry for her boys (she really did try to be a good mother) that they were going to lose her.

However, a musical?
    it'd be like Diana - the musical
    or Liam Neesons wife - the musical
    (not comparing those two to Jade, but just celebs that have passed away)
    Walt Disney - the musical would work! ;)

I think the idea of Jade the musical is awful silly.

• Advertisement

When I saw this on the news I was full sure it was one of those Star Story things from E4. Seems I was mistaken. What's betting that it becomes a world wide success story while other more worthy musicals don't even get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭VO

Will the Finale be "Ding Dong The witch is dead"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gorilla_image

VO wrote: »
    Will the Finale be "Ding Dong The witch is dead"

Brilliant! I wonder what song they'll use to depict her racist bullying episodes??

This farce has gone on too long. Does anybody outside of Essex give a rat's arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Oh God. I would really hope this doesn't actually happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

This is quite possibly the worst idea for a musical I've ever heard. Her life was nothing spectacular and definitely nothing writing a musical about. *sigh* what the fook is the world coming to? She was in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. And as fon said, what would the songs even be about? The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Megsy

Why, why, WHY?! That's all I can say.

What on earth has she done that's made her such an "inspirational" person who should have a musical written about them? She was horrible and that's it. I know she cared about her kids and I like that she did as much as she could to provide for them, but really, she was loud-mouthed, obnoxious and attention-seeking. It's a shame she died, she didn't deserve that at all. But what she also doesn't deserve, is a musical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well I heard on the radio
    -there's
    no cast
    no script
    no score
    and no place booked for the show.
    So IF it is happening it won't be soon. Although they did also say they heard rumours of a 'find Jade' 'search for joseph' 'solve a problem like maria' type programme to get the actress. Oh dear.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mr. Frost wrote: »
    Will they get a skinny actress and put in her a fat suit or...hire a pig and put it in a dress?
    fonpokno wrote: »
    She basically became famous for being loud, obnoxious and fat.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    they can make Jade and the cancerous cúnt.

Seriously people... a little reality check. You're talking about a dead human being. I would certainly not like to think people will be referring to me as loud and fat when I am dead. She was ignorant and quite probably a racist, although I would suggest people go and watch Charlie Brookers screen wipe before you decide that for certain. But ultimately, this is beside the point, and I am certainly not one to believe you should not speak ill of the dead when they deserve it.

Jade Goody, I agree, had no discernable talents. She was a person who had a crappy little life who took an opportunity to make an awful lot of money when it presented itself. It's like when I hear my fellow musicians saying they wouldn't tour the world as a working musician if they didn't believe in the music... you can see in the eyes it's a lie.

Who is in the wrong here? I would argue not her. I would argue not the people who want to make this musical. I would argue it is the fools who watched her every move, making it financially viable for this little circus to continue.

The fact this musical could be made does not upset me in the slightest. The fact that there's people out there, people with actual human brains, who will make it a profitable pursuit for the producers, is what is upsetting in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Why Patrick Swayze hasn't gotten as much news heading is strange....although I'm sure it's for the best for him and his family and friends,not to be hasseled..........

But yea,I also think it would be a bad idea as a musical...not speak ill of the dead but she's hardly had a life that's easy to put into an hour or twos worth of singing...it would be like trying to make something more than what it is...bad choice for playwriting...As for celeb musicals,not matter how interesting their lifes,I think the're all a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

fonpokno wrote: »
    She basically became famous for being loud, obnoxious and fat. And this was different from anyone else who was famous at the time, because most people knew these weren't admirable traits. So for some reason everyone admired htat she was different and individual or something... And now we get to sing about her? The mind boggles.

She was just a champion for the talentless 'everyman', people who took delight in seeing someone as lacking in worth as themselves making a name for themself.
    Brilliant! I wonder what song they'll use to depict her racist bullying episodes??

It will be the best race play since Oh Africa Brave Africa, a laugh riot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

I thought this was a joke too. I dont blame the press. She courted the media and their interest doesnt die down just because she is dead. A musical about Jade is too much. What would the songs be like?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

stupidest idea ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Look if they can make Hedwig and the angry inch they can make Jade and the cancerous cúnt.

Hedwig is a great show. Saw it in The Project a couple of summers ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I thought it was all over, what a ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

This farce has gone on too long. Does anybody outside of Essex give a rat's arse?

That or JADE! I wanna Live Forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Schumacher1

WHY WHY WHY ???

This is the dumbest idea.

Being famous for stupidity, ignorance and a racist to boot.

Actually it is a good idea.

Put it in Wembley stadium <SNIP> No violence advocated please <SNIP>
    Just think of the Darwinian value.

Seriously whoever the f*ck would wanna go to this deserves that.

i often wonder about peoples mentality when they come up with all this,theres rumours that britains got talent star susan boyle could be getting a book deal,movie deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sky "News" absolutely LOVE this kinda sh!te. She's (in)famous for having a big, racist gob, and nothing else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

Arah now. Can't they just let her rest in peace already and stop squeezing every pound they can out of her brand? Her boys will be fine with love and care and they don't need an all singing all dancing musical to remind them further of their loss.

I didn't think she was too great either but....it's time to let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'd rather watch the Josef Fritzel musical.

Advertisement