Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Help

Options
  • 24-04-2009 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right section but here goes.

About a month or two ago, my laptop suddenly crashed. I brought it into a repair shop and he said he would have to delete my photos iTunes etc.

So my music is still on my iPod but not on my iTunes and so if i were to try and put new music from my iTunes to my iPod, my iPod would erase all the previous songs on it.

Is there any way possible I can transfer all the songs from my iPod back onto my iTunes? I really hate the setup that Apple have on their iPods.

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

There is definitely a way to do it, but you'll probably have to download extra software to do it. I'm to tired to look it all up right now, but at least I can say don't give up hope before losing all your tunes! :)

If no-one else answers I'll probably be in a state to explain it in about 24 hours or so ;)

*curses final year project writeup*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

download sharepod, it's free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Well you dont have to loose all your songs off the ipod when you try to pt songs onto it. Just change the settings so it doesnt automatically sync when plugged in. I think you do this at the main ipod screen in itunes. Just tick a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Thanks a lot for all your help guys. Sharepod worked like a charm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Tea Spoon

Did you lose your play counts and ratings afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I didn't lose play count. Don't know about ratings. i don't rate my songs.

Also can I get other people's iPods and rip their music onto my iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

google iPod2PC, very straight forward, easy to use. Is it me or are them iPods the biggest white elephant ever. iTunes crashed on me and lost half my tunes, from iPod AND PC. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

If you just copy the songs off the ipod and then import them into iTunes it sorts out the four letter code they put on it. Ive never had to use any extra software.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

blow69 wrote: »
    I didn't lose play count. Don't know about ratings. i don't rate my songs.

Also can I get other people's iPods and rip their music onto my iTunes?

Do what Fitz0 said about getting em off the ipod directly. Just Make sure youve set folder options so you can view hidden files. Then locate em on any partticular ipod. Copy em to your hard drive and them import em to itunes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

google iPod2PC, very straight forward, easy to use. Is it me or are them iPods the biggest white elephant ever. iTunes crashed on me and lost half my tunes, from iPod AND PC. :mad:

How would iTunes crashing cause you to lose your music? The music is still on your hard drive and as long as you don't auto sync the iPod with iTunes when you connect the music on the iPod remains unaffected.

My iTunes library is empty, the only reason I use iTunes is to put music on the iPod.

Advertisement