Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry issues

• 24-04-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Bought a blackberry storm 9530 off ebay but now loads of services (windows live, gchat etc) are all blocked. Just wondering would it be possible to sign up to vodafone simply and buy the €10 add on to access web and get it unblocked as I dont need a phone and dont want to pay 49.99 a month for the whole package?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

As far as i'm aware Blackberry's are tied to the service provider for most of their features so unless you buy from them most of these features are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

As far as I know, you can use the blackberry as a phone without any data package. If you want to be able to use push email, the blackberry web-browser, blackberry maps or blackberry messenger, then you need the blackberry package. But the handset will work without the blackberry package.

I had the use of a blackberry pearl for one month and I paid €10 for a 1GB data pack for the month. I was billpay with Vodafone.

I downloaded Opera mini and used that for browsing. I used google maps. I used gmail and yahoo go 2.0 and had all the functionality I needed.

The only thing to watch is that I think data is more expensive on prepay rather than bill pay.

Advertisement