Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small scales for weighing luggage

• 24-04-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get a small scales for weighing luggage, similar to a fishermans scales,

Need to ensure luggage within 15kg limit

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

They have the very thing in many of the Euro² shops, I've seen them there recently. Obviously they cost 2 Euro. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Thanks CelticFC, wonder are they accurate, do u have one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

They cannot be digital for that price.....

If you want digital try dealextreme. Picked up one of these myself.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1164

or this one is even cheaper.....

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18014

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

k123456 wrote: »
    Thanks CelticFC, wonder are they accurate, do u have one ?

I dont have one, but I'm sure they're a lot more accurate than the ones at the airport ;);)

They're analogue dial, not digital BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭haven27

Argos have them for about 30 euro, got one before my last trip and they work fine. Not that cheap but probably easy to get your hands on fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

TKmax in Newry had a load of them today £4 each non digital.

Might try a southern TK may have them also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Workaround: Bathroom scales; weigh self holding luggage; weigh self alone; subtract. Eureka!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Atlantic homecare have manual ones - I think they were EUR15 each. Might be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

esel wrote: »
    Workaround: Bathroom scales; weigh self holding luggage; weigh self alone; subtract. Eureka!

Workaround part deux: kitchen scales with some paper towels on the pannier, then throw your bag on top.
    Those digi scales from DX are too sensitive for weighing much above 5 kilos without making sh*t of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Wertz wrote: »
    Workaround part deux: kitchen scales with some paper towels on the pannier, then throw your bag on top.
    Those digi scales from DX are too sensitive for weighing much above 5 kilos without making sh*t of them.
    Cue buggered kitchen scales! Don't think they normally go anywhere near that high, tbh. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Catering ones with a good metal spring do. Probably more people with bathroom scales than one of those in their kitchen though.
    Fedvine's first link is a good one, didn't know you could those in digital...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Wertz wrote: »
    Fedvine's first link is a good one, didn't know you could those in digital...

I got the cheaper one of the two and it's perfect for weighing cases,also comes with batteries:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

Dunnes have non digital ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Going to go with one of the dxpress ones, will let u know how I get on, thanks for all the responses

Advertisement