Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frozen pizza or takeaway?

• 24-04-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been covered before, but in terms of pizza (it is Friday after all), how would you compare Chicago Town's pepperoni pizza with Dominos "pepperoni passion"? I was shocked when I read the numbers on the back of the box of the Chicago Town but I don't really know how the Dominos figure, based on a medium pizza.

And I'm aware of all the "get the low fat cheese / thin crust" points; I'm not trying to lose weight necessarily, just want to know how they compare. Besides calories and fat content, I'm assuming there's a lot more chemicals and preservatives etc in the frozen pizza.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Make your own base and add what toppings you want.Much healthier and if your unhappy with the high numbers on the Chicago town pizza box then don't eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

You could ask for extra thin base, tomato sauce, no cheese and defo no pepperoni.

M&S do nice little Count on Us pizzas which are actually very tasty. About 350 cals I think too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Ah yeah, I'm aware of the different ways of making pizza healthier and of the other pizzas out there that are better. I just want to make a like for like comparison with those two brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'd say there could easily be about 1500 calories in a dominoes medium pepperoni pizza,plenty of fat of which the majority is saturates, loads of sodium and carbohydrates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Dominos have their nutritional info online if you need it :)

http://www.dominos.uk.com/food_guide/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Wow, interesting reading alright - Medium Pepperoni Passion has 1952 kcals and 80g of fat (50g of which sat fat)!!

eviltimeban, whats the stats on the frozen pizza out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

mack1 wrote: »
    Medium Pepperoni Passion has 1952 kcals and 80g of fat (50g of which sat fat)!!

Oh me oh my, that could explain a lot of the clothes that 'shrunk in the wash' on me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pizza has shocking amounts of calories, I have been eating a fair few lately as I am lifting weights and wanted the calories, but have put on too much now! Many times I pick up pizzas in supermarkets and thing they are reasonable enough, until I see the cals quoted are for a HALF pizza, and anybody I know would eat the full one, and possibly some chips too. I know a lad who will scoff a full 16 with the works on his own.

One of the worst is the medium Pepperoni Passion double decadance 2728kcal 148.8g fat (64g sat fat)
    http://points.ogo.ms/
    54.5WW points, will stick that in the thread.

Advertisement