Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment

Options
  • 24-04-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there

Looks like I will be out of a job on Monday with months notice :(

I hope to have MCSA mid May and will either do MCSE or CCNA then-any thoughts?

Also I was wondering know a friend who is sys admin would it be advantagious to do some work experience with him until I get something else?

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Sorry to hear that...Its always tough..

TBH MCSA\MCSE..well and good but the job you do day in day out matters a lot more..What level are you working at??

Best of luck with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

im at level 1 at the moment

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It might be worth your while learning some Linux too. There are an awful lot of jobs asking for Windows and Linux these days so Linux experience/qualifications always look good on a CV. Bare in mind, there aren't a huge amount of Sys Admin jobs out there at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

noel123ie wrote: »
    im at level 1 at the moment

From what I have seen...(looking since january) theres quite a lot of level 1 floating about...The market generally has collapsed though..How would you get experience with your friend,whos Sys Admin???How would that work out with company etc??Would be good while you look??Would be a help anyway...

Advertisement