Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting report on irishpropertywatch.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 osurdivol

What I can't understand is how some house prices are still actually going up. Given it's a small % but what is going through these owner's minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

osurdivol wrote: »
    What I can't understand is how some house prices are still actually going up. Given it's a small % but what is going through these owner's minds.

Advice from canny EA's ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Small Change

most of them seem to be decimal errors, or fixes to decimal errors.
    e.g. property for 250,000 increased to 2,300,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

ntlbell wrote: »
    Advice from canny EA's ? :D

Yep.:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Discussed here:

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15547

This was an ad for a 2 bed city centre apartment:

REDUCED BY €20,000 TO €449,000 TO SELL
    ... €449,000 is an exceptionally LOW price for
    a 2 bed, 2 bathroom and balcony apartment in D2!

Have a look around and then contact me....quickly as
    I will sell to first confirmed reasonable offer.

LAST DAY, LAST DAY, LAST DAY, LAST DAY AT THIS PRICE.
    TOMORROW PRICE GOES UP TO €459,000.

Price reduced to €459,000 until 14 Nov and then it will
    be increased by €10,000 per week as the urgent need to
    sell will have passed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

it's very easy to see why if you've property bee toolbar installed in daft, you see prices for houses jumping all over the place. was looking at a 3 bed last night that went from 350 --> 320 --> 290 --> 320 over the space of 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

miju wrote: »
    it's very easy to see why if you've property bee toolbar installed in daft, you see prices for houses jumping all over the place. was looking at a 3 bed last night that went from 350 --> 320 --> 290 --> 320 over the space of 2 months.

The propertybee toolbar is great, you can plainly see the desperation!!

A few properties in my locality have recently gone 'POA', but the with propertybee they dont fool me!

One property went from €350k > €335k > €325k > POA

It's quite funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I dunno if I'm the only one but if I ever see POA on an ad I move swiftly onto the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

I dunno if I'm the only one but if I ever see POA on an ad I move swiftly onto the next one

Me too. For anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

It's a complete joke, like no pictures OR only the brochure pictures and floorplans..Grrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 osurdivol

I just checked out property bee, it looks like a very handy tool, I'm installing it now, thanks.

Advertisement