Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still playing?

• 24-04-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Is anyone still playing LOTRO? I started back again with a lvl 25 Hobbit after a year or so of neglect. I was back in Bree and the place seemed very empty. Any players on Snowbourn? Or guilds/kinships?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

There's a few people here still playing, though I think only myself and Blister are on Snowie.

Blister is on most nights, I'm sure he'll be along shortly and give you a pitch for the Dummyspitters :)

I'm playing on and off, though PvP is more my side of things and I've recently become a WoW convert so that's taking the bulk of my mmorpg time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Hery fingermouse.

Just a handful of boardsies playing atm. Your welcome to join us in the Dummy Spitters if you wish. Whats your characters name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fingermouse_irl

Thanks lads.

Character is called Isenbald Surefoot. Haven't been playing as much as I'd like recently. Rediscovered WOW and started with a new character. Also been playing Eye of Judgment on PS3 a lot. Hopefully I will get some LOTRO game time in the next few days

Thanks lads.

Character is called Isenbald Surefoot. Haven't been playing as much as I'd like recently. Rediscovered WOW and started with a new character. Also been playing Eye of Judgment on PS3 a lot. Hopefully I will get some LOTRO game time in the next few days

Add Blister and Blostor to your friends list and I will look out for you ingame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 fergusm76

Still playing practically everyday too. Main is LM called Tinudal on Snowbourn. Bree was probably empty cos everyone's in Moria/Lothlorien.

• Advertisement

well if you're interested, myself and blister where talking about resurrecting the old monsterplay on Tuesday nights. Though it'll be the Tuesday after next before I can play, rl getting in the way atm.
    It'll give you time to get a warg up a level or two if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

BTW I played some monsterplay on a trial account and really enjoyed it. Was surprised at how organised people were considering it was all just random raids forming up. Would recommend it as a fun diversion to anyone who hasnt tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'm playing as well on Snowbourne, just levelling up a hunter now so I can piss people off in ettenmoors (my main character is a Captain - a tiny bit less sucky than guardians in ettenmoors)

By the way, hunters are easy mode. I cant believe how quickly I am levelling the hunter character. Repairs cost a fraction of heavy armour, you can jump all over the world in no time at all .... its just a hell of a lot easier than playing a captain. "you just stay back there and nuke it" ..... wish I'd played one as my main :pac:

BigEejit wrote: »
    By the way, hunters are easy mode. I cant believe how quickly I am levelling the hunter character. Repairs cost a fraction of heavy armour, you can jump all over the world in no time at all .... its just a hell of a lot easier than playing a captain. "you just stay back there and nuke it" ..... wish I'd played one as my main :pac:

Yep, I have a hunter alt that I enjoy playing as its a nice easy/relaxing class to play. He is actually better geared then my main at this stage! Captains have afaik the lowest DPS of all the classes. Very hard to solo up but very rewarding in group situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Is this game still worth playing at all ? Are there many people still playing it ?

I'm downloading it now, going to give it a try and see how it goes. Never played it before, got burned with AoC and WaR (both complete and utter rubbish) and swore I'd never waste money on another MMO but this one actually looks cool, has been around a while now at this stage and am I right in thinking they've also introduced some pvp aspects to it now too ?

• Advertisement

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Is this game still worth playing at all ? Are there many people still playing it ?

I'm downloading it now, going to give it a try and see how it goes. Never played it before, got burned with AoC and WaR (both complete and utter rubbish) and swore I'd never waste money on another MMO but this one actually looks cool, has been around a while now at this stage and am I right in thinking they've also introduced some pvp aspects to it now too ?

Myself and Graymane still playing. There are a couple of other boardsies as well although they would be on different servers/kins etc so we dont see them. The lifetime subscription was a big winner for me as I didnt want to pay recurring monthly fees. If you believe the reports the player base is supposed to be growing at the moment after a lot of players returning after playing WAR or AOC. If you wish to give it a go roll on snowbourne and also be aware that there is a big update due on Tuesday.

whot he said :)

There's a 14 day trial, which is a respectable amount for such things and will certainly give you an idea if this would be your thing or not.

If you get a chance also give monster play a go, you used to have to have a level 10 character (you'll easily get that in a day or two) before you could creeate one. Its well worth it checking out, though while this side is addictive its also highly unbalanced against creeps. But you'll never get to try that delicious hobbit stew otherwise...

I did the trial before and genuinely it was some of the most fun I've had in an MMO. As mentioned above its very quick to get to lvl 10 so you can creep play. At the start it's totally skewed against the creatures, but that's what actually makes it fun. You can't just run out and go 1v1, you have to work in teams or/and be clever.

I cant remember what server I played in, but I wasn't in a guild or anything yet there were like daily raids with vent etc that just anyone could join. The tactics of cat and mouse play where some creatures would pretend to be caught out of position and lure the PCs into ambushes or just make them run off on a wild goose chase while like 3x40 man raids picked off stragglers at the back, or sometimes small groups would just make it appear that way so that the main raid could attack from the other side, or attack one of the objectives.

The wolf thingies seemed the must fun (as you can stealth, and you could move faster I think). Managing to evade a bunch of people chasing you is quite a kick.

As a creature you can level skills etc, and at the end of the trial I had pretty much everything that was useful maxed (I played a fair bit to be fair). I'm not sure what it would be like longevity wise, but the organised mahem was worth the free download.

Yeah I signed up and downloaded the full game + expansion so have 30 days included.
    I'm very impressed by the game. Played to just until the server shut down for the update early this morning, got level 7 just wandering around doing a few quests at the starting area.

Rolled an Elf Runecaster (think that's what it was anyway?) called (funnily enough...) Nehaxak.

I've played Wow to death, have everything I ever wanted from it with 2 classes at 80 and geared up fully from Naxx/Ulduar and pvp gear but now I'm bored of raiding and what little pvp there is, I just logon say hello to a few people and logoff, nothing worthwhile to do anymore.

Love the graphics in LOTRO, bloody hell they're really good !

What's this lifetime subscription thingy you're talking about ? Was it a one time offer or is it still available ?

What's this lifetime subscription thingy you're talking about ? Was it a one time offer or is it still available ?
    Basically you no longer pay the monthly fee for the game, its well worth doing if you see yourself playing the game for over a year.

It was at the start a closed offer, but I think its open to everyone now.

You should be able to log into the cog accounts website(use your lotro login) and there should be an option to purchase game time. You should be able to purchase a lifetime sub here(or at least check how much it costs). I cant check myself as I already have it....

https://cogaccounts.codemasters.com/account-homepage.php

Thanks. Yeah I've checked but don't see the option there in the accounts part. Unless I need to end the current subscription (set to 3 months) and look at the single payment option...hmm, I might as well check it now.

Yep it was there... had to cancel my current recurring subscription of 3 months to get the option available again...
    "Lifetime membership - No further subscription fees

€219.99 inc. Tax "

Fair whack of money required up-front though :eek:
    I'll pass for now and stick with the recurring 3 monthly instead.

It used to be £99 but changed in april 2007 methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I got the collectors edition at release, i think it cost more than that.... still good value for money :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement