Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia e71 software

• 24-04-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I am just after buying a nokia E71. I have been told that i if want the software for it to sync with my email on my computer that it will cost €300 and another €300 to install. Seems a lot to me. anyone ese buy this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

http://europe.nokia.com/A4144903

The nokia pc suite is free software and can sync with outlook

What was this software that costs 300 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

viztopia wrote: »
    I am just after buying a nokia E71. I have been told that i if want the software for it to sync with my email on my computer that it will cost €300 and another €300 to install. Seems a lot to me. anyone ese buy this?

Sounds like someone is extracting the urine there. Unless they are talking about Blackberry Exchange Server or something similar? Is this software for the mail server (push mail) or for your PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

i am begining to think he is indeed extracting the urine here!! he was explaining the way it works to me and he said that the way the phone will come it will be able to retrieve the emails alroght but they wont sync with my email on my laptop. e.g. if i get an email with a word attachment and i edit it and send it off then this will not be on my laptop. i will study the link that is posted here and see what i think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

If your email service supports IMAP, it will automatically sync with your phone and your PC email client easily enough.

Gmail for example works great for me on the phone. Entire inbox in the phone client automatically, and archiving mails in gmail removes them from the phone too. You can then use the nice gmail app to retrieve any old mails from the archive and move them into the inbox and they reappear in the phone once more.
    It would be handier if there was an archive feature in Nokia Messaging, but alas we can't have it all.

i am currently using exchange at work and dont use any phones for emails. i asked the supplier what was the name of the software and he came back with
    "The application that we discussed is called "Mail for Exchange"

Its the most efficient type of email on the go solution called "push mail", where the emails are sent directly from your exchange server to your phone without having to request or connect.

All the different elements of your Microsoft outlook, from contacts to calendar to the inbox are all synchronized with your mobile phone. Anything that happens on the phone is synchronized with your Exchange mailbox and vice versa.
    The connection between your phone and your Exchange server is fully encrypted so its completely secure"
    Does this make any sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

viztopia wrote: »
    i am currently using exchange at work and dont use any phones for emails. i asked the supplier what was the name of the software and he came back with
    "The application that we discussed is called "Mail for Exchange"

Its the most efficient type of email on the go solution called "push mail", where the emails are sent directly from your exchange server to your phone without having to request or connect.

All the different elements of your Microsoft outlook, from contacts to calendar to the inbox are all synchronized with your mobile phone. Anything that happens on the phone is synchronized with your Exchange mailbox and vice versa.
    The connection between your phone and your Exchange server is fully encrypted so its completely secure"
    Does this make any sense?

http://europe.nokia.com/A41247006

Mail for exchange is supported by your phone as it is. If you already use exchange for your laptop mail, all you need to do is set it up on the phone too, and you'll be laughing. There's no need to purchase any software on the phone side anyway.

thanks for all your help!! i will probably be back on here when i get the phone!!

Advertisement