Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sub 1:40 half marathon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Cheers steoc, I got my foam roller from a local Physio. It was €15. but there are plenty of websites selling them aswell. Www.physioroom.com is one that springs to mind but there is an Irish one aswell, http://www.physiosupplies.ie/

I was gonna suggest that you get one but then again I don't know what your injury is and then there is laws against that kind of talk round these here parts. I've used it on my calves, it's very sore but it might help you. If I see you on Thursday I'll show you the roller and a couple of exercises, actually gonna use mine now.

5.13 miles, 49 mins ............ 5.13

5.13, 47:30............. 5.13

54:25.................. 5.7

30:54 mins recovery run............. 3.3

• Advertisement

5.13, 46:20............. 5.13 :)

5.13, 44:25............. 5.13 :):)

Nice to be back on the roads again but I have to be realistic. Just gonna try and get out when I can because I have my final year exams in April. Not easy when you are working full time and have a wee family. Something has to suffer and unfortunately it's gonna be the running.

So hope to get out for 5 miles 3 / 4 times a week but I'm writing off the Wexford half marathon. It's too expensive anyway. I think I'll target the adidas race series again this year and maybe the marathon again in 2011. There won't be too much to expect from me in terms of updates bar the odd mileage update.

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

OI wrote: »
    Bump

That's the spirit :D

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    That's the spirit :D

Can't really ditch a log I haven't achieved yet :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hey.. Nice to see this come back to life. What have you been doin with yourself?

Oryx wrote: »
    Hey.. Nice to see this come back to life. What have you been doin with yourself?

Not much really, ran 10k in Dublin on Sunday, and I've done two 5 milers since so just hoping to get consistent again.

I'll probably book in for 10 miler and half in the phoenix park and I think I might target waterford in December for the sub 1:40

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Good luck with this log! I'll be watching with interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Good to see you back OI, best of luck with hitting your goal:)

Thanks folks.5 miles this evening. Felt quite strong considering it was my 4th day in a row running. I'll probably head out tomorrow morning aswell at recovery pace for 5 - 6 miles. Feeling really good about everything now. So - plans?

Well yesterday I signed up for the 10 mile and half marathon in the phoenix park so I'm gonna use those to get fit. Is love 85 for 10 and maybe something under 1:50 for the half. I'm gonna skip the Dublin marathon and concentrate on my goal of a sub 1:40 half marathon for waterford in the cold in December. Then I think ill train for the Wexford half and try for sub 1:35. That would be a great result. Pie in the sky? Maybe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Going back to my old username for psychological reasons.

6 miles this morning. Felt grand. Ran to the race course, did one lap, then ran home again.......6 miles

Gonna try and do more long runs on grass this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So I hear you're a Real Madrid fan now ted :pac:

So I hear you're a Real Madrid fan now ted :pac:

That's rrrright father, nah I immediately felt happier when I took up my old log again and I feel happier again now I've gone back to the old username. Even if it is spelt backwards and incorrectly.

Just back from almost 7.5 miles. Ran to the race course, two laps and back home. Legs a little sore today but got out the planned 5 times this week.28 miles in total. Very happy.

• Advertisement

Ran 4 miles this morning.2 miles out, 2 miles back. Then swam at the beach and chased my toddler son up and down the beach, very hard to get him out of the water, great fun. Had quite a big Sunday lunch then although the trifle was low fat. Probably try a tempo run tomorrow and an 8 mile lsr towards the end of the week. With a few 5 milers in between.

Went out for 5 miles this morning. First run since Monday, its been a hectic week. Really struggled this morning. I did cycle 20 miles yesterday for the first time ever so that may have had something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hey osnola delighted to see you back. I havent been on here much so just catching up with you now. Best of luck with the goals

Bally8 wrote: »
    Hey osnola delighted to see you back. I havent been on here much so just catching up with you now. Best of luck with the goals

Cheers bally 8, going back to the old username because... well just because really, its kind of a sports psychology thing.

5 miles this evening, nice run, nice pacr, still feeling the cycle from sat, but in a good way, heading for another cycle this Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Passed by your place this morning about 10 miles into my 16 mile run - I'm a sucker for punishment and went up Sinnotstown - and was wondering how you were getting on... Good to see you getting out again! Keep it up :)

xebec wrote: »
    Passed by your place this morning about 10 miles into my 16 mile run - I'm a sucker for punishment and went up Sinnotstown - and was wondering how you were getting on... Good to see you getting out again! Keep it up :)

Good stuff xebec, brilliant for increasing fitness are them there hills. Great LSR today, I was reading with interest. Hopefully catch up with you at the frank Duffy 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Good stuff xebec, brilliant for increasing fitness are them there hills. Great LSR today, I was reading with interest. Hopefully catch up with you at the frank Duffy 10?

Yep, deffo see you there... Won't be around Wexford much over next few months but if I am I'll give you a shout for a run (even if it's only part of my own).

Went out for 5 this morning. Struggled a bit but I always do on the morning runs. Feeling some fitness returning so hope to consolidate that over the coming weeks. Enjoying the bit of cycling aswell. Got my 10 mile number in the post yesterday. Can't remember what it is.

20 mile cycle this morning. Lovely.8 mile run tomorrow, should set me up for next week.

• Advertisement

5.6 enjoyable miles this evening.8 miles tomorrow should see me around the course on Saturday.

Advertisement