Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fabregas Charged by the FA

• 24-04-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭

FA have charges Fabregas with improper conduct after the Hull match....

Doesn't seem to be any video evidence - just one word against another, so not clear at the moment on what grounds.

Ref didn't see it (neither did Wenger :rolleyes:) but it could set a dodgy precedent...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

With no evidence but hearsay it has to be thrown out as it's beyond reasonable doubt.
    It's one word against another.

Brown - who's team just lost to a dubious goal and who can see his season slowly slipping away after a bright start. Then didn't cover himself in glory the next day in that interview where he backtracked a bit.

Fabregas- who will obviously deny it and say how can the FA charge him when no-one saw it but two Hull representatives.

No-one knows if it happened or not. Except the three involved, who can't be relied upon to give impartial evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

fabregas_Jacket.jpg

A statement on the FA's official website said: "Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas and Hull City manager Phil Brown have both been charged with improper conduct.
    Behaviour

"The charges relate to matters arising from the FA Cup match between Arsenal and Hull at the Emirates Stadium on 17th March.
    "Fabregas faces two charges of improper conduct relating to his conduct on the pitch following the game.
    "One charge concerns his behaviour in coming onto the pitch after the final whistle, the second charge relates to an alleged spitting incident. The charges are based on submissions from Hull City and video evidence."

The statement added: "Brown is charged with improper conduct and/or bringing the game into disrepute in relation to media comments made after the game concerning referee Mike Riley."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I dont like Fabregas, i think his attitude stinks a little & he has been involved in a few incidents like this. when this incident broke i thought "yea, that sounds like him alright"...he then came out & said he would never dream of spitting on anyone, then a couple of incidents from his past where he was caught on camera spitting at people materialised-can't have done him any favours.

does he miss games or wats the story? better not miss the Utd league game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Any idea if it will be a ban or just a fine?

Just brought him into my Fantasy Football team typical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Should be an interesting hearing:

"Right, we're going to examine the evidence now…….what do you mean there isn't any?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

No he doesnt miss any games afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ok they hadn't clarified the charges when I saw it - I'm guessing he'll be done for coming onto the pitch & cleared of the spitting....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Mr Alan wrote: »
    then a couple of incidents from his passed where he was caught on camera spitting at people materialised-can't have done him any favours.
    Such as...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Such as...?

Exactly, he didn't spit at Ballack regardless of what you youtube link looks like.

So who else did he spit on? Links to the stories aswell please

• Advertisement

Can a Captain of a club really be done for
    "One charge concerns his behaviour in coming onto the pitch after the final whistle"
    When his team won and he wasn't playing?

Also, no proof of the spitting thing. No way can it hold up.

apologies, it was only one incident of spitting that was in his past.

Which one Mr. Alan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Behaviour

"The charges relate to matters arising from the FA Cup match between Arsenal and Hull at the Emirates Stadium on 17th March.
    "Fabregas faces two charges of improper conduct relating to his conduct on the pitch following the game.
    "One charge concerns his behaviour in coming onto the pitch after the final whistle, the second charge relates to an alleged spitting incident. The charges are based on submissions from Hull City and video evidence."
    The video evidence will screw him over nothing he doesn't deserve if he spat at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I doubt this is to do with the spitting allegation. Probably just to do with coming onto the pitch afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

monkey9 wrote: »
    I doubt this is to do with the spitting allegation. Probably just to do with coming onto the pitch afterwards
    true would probably be very strange to have camera's in the tunnel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Frisbee wrote: »
    With no evidence but hearsay it has to be thrown out as it's beyond reasonable doubt.
    It's one word against another.
    Papa S wrote: »
    Also, no proof of the spitting thing. No way can it hold up.

Hearsay:

n.
    1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
    2. Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

It is clear that the FA think the evidence available is sufficient to justify a hearing. Whether that evidence is enough to find him guilty is another matter altogether, and will be decided on the day.
    The charges are based on submissions from Hull City and video evidence."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

they'll bring in csi to examine Brian Horton shoes

joke of a charge against fab

apologies, it was only one incident of spitting that was in his past.

Which on was this?
    I don't remember any spitting incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Burn him at the stake.

• Advertisement

Which on was this?
    I don't remember any spitting incident.

one against ballack if my memory serves me right

Headshot wrote: »
    one against ballack if my memory serves me right
    Meanwhile, Bayern Munich director of communications Markus Hoerwick has moved to clear Fabregas of allegations that he spat at Michael Ballack in 2005.

Hoerwick said: "It definitely never happened. If anything of that kind happened I would have been the first to be informed and the first to do something about it."
    Doesn't look that way...

Doesn't look that way...

Good job, I'd never seen that before. Well, not since post #10 anyway.

This reminds me of that time Paul Scholes spat at Henry.

Do you not think that if Fabregas had have actually spit at Ballack a bigger deal would have been made of it.
    Neither Ballack nor Bayern raised any complaint after the match.

If he had have spat do you not think they would have raised a complaint?

Good job, I'd never seen that before. Well, not since post #10 anyway.

This reminds me of that time Paul Scholes spat at Henry.

jesus your so defensive,i never saw post 10 (bloody newbies cant embed vids:rolleyes:)

you said it doesnt look that way

i just showed you a video saying it does look that way

maybe ballack was acting Idk

but you cant deny it looks like he did spit

Oh for pities sakes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1163823/UEFA-heat-Cesc-spit-Ballack.html
    UEFA have backed Cesc Fabregas's claims that he did not spit at Michael Ballack in a Champions League tie.

Fabregas was forced to deny spitting at Ballack after millions of internet users watched the German flinching as Fabregas remonstrated with him during a game between Arsenal and Bayern Munich at Highbury in 2005.

Scroll down for more
    Cesc Fabregas

Foul play: Fabregas maintains that he has never spat at a rival

The YouTube footage became significant last week after the FA announced an investigation into whether Fabregas spat at opposition assistant manager Brian Horton in the tunnel after an FA Cup tie between Arsenal and Hull City on Tuesday night.

Fabregas has claimed he has never spat at a rival, and a UEFA spokesman said: 'According to the referee's report, Fabregas was booked because of foul play. Spitting is not mentioned.'

Can the Ballack incident die already?!

but you cant deny it looks like he did spit

your dead right.

The FA should base their decision on a youtube video.

Not the statements of Bayern or UEFA

:rolleyes:

your dead right.

The FA should base their decision on a youtube video.

Not the statements of Bayern or UEFA

:rolleyes:

Frisbee iv nothing against fab at all,just incase you think i have

I was probly wrong then, I just saw the vid and decided to post it

too me he looks like he spit but since Bayern or UEFA havent said anything the vid is wrong then

• Advertisement

jesus your so defensive
    Because this has been done to death, and yet people still ignore the facts and believe what they want to believe. The match reports didn't mention anything about spitting. Neither did Ballack or the referee. Bayern explicitly denied it happened.

And I can deny it looks like he spat. It looks like he shouted at him from about an inch away from his face. I don't see him wiping away any spit, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

An FA cop out IMO.

They want to charge Brown for his rant in front of the cameras but they need to appear even handed so they charge Fabregas based on his nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Frisbee iv nothing against fab at all,just incase you think i have

I was probly wrong then, I just saw the vid and decided to post it

too me he looks like he spit but since Bayern or UEFA havent said anything the vid is wrong then
    Fair enough - I think us Arsenal fans are just a bit confused as to how this is cropping up again. When Hull first raised their case after the match and people started posting the Ballack video, the above articles were quoted then too.

I know not everyone will have seen it then but hopefully everyone will actually take it on board this time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

gosplan wrote: »
    An FA cop out IMO.
    I don't mind him being charged/investigated if, as TRO said, they felt Hull's submission warranted a full inquiry.

This is the bit that gets me though:
    One charge concerns his behaviour in coming onto the pitch after the final whistle
    Not his behaviour on the pitch which might warrant investigation - his behaviour in coming on. Even just in Arsenal terms, I remember Henry being pitchside during matches when he was injured (remember that dance with Ade?) and he certainly never got charged. And while I can't remember other specific incidents, I'm sure Cesc isn't the first non-playing squad member to enter the pitch after a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

, then a couple of incidents from his past where he was caught on camera spitting at people materialised-does he miss games

Can you show links of Cesc actually spitting , tks

apologies lads, i thought the Ballack footage was conclusive-obviously it isn't.

Apologies, i should know better than to believe wat i read in the papers.

I still don't like the fella though & think he has anger issues, the incident with Sheringham was another time i thought he showed his true colours.

• Advertisement

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Fair enough - I think us Arsenal fans are just a bit confused as to how this is cropping up again. When Hull first raised their case after the match and people started posting the Ballack video, the above articles were quoted then too.

I know not everyone will have seen it then but hopefully everyone will actually take it on board this time :)

it was my first time to see the vid

so like Alan, i do Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

apologies lads, i thought the Ballack footage was conclusive-obviously it isn't.

Apologies, i should know better than to believe wat i read in the papers.

I still don't like the fella though & think he has anger issues, the incident with Sheringham was another time i thought he showed his true colours.

Anger issues ? If he does he controls them an awful lot better than a whole bunch of other footballers I could think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think they should ban him for the United games while being investigated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I honestly couldn't care less if he's done it, but I feel that he should be banned from 2 UEFA Champions League games and 6 premiership games.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did it though nor would it surprise me to find out Brown made it up.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5236428,00.html
    Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood claims that the club have evidence which will clear Cesc Fabregas of improper conduct.

"We have a video of the tunnel which we gave to the FA," the Arsenal chairman told the Daily Star.

"I didn't see it myself but Arsene (Wenger) has and so has (chief executive) Ivan Gazidis, and they both said that the whole thing was innocuous. I think that the whole thing is ridiculous."

Indeed, Wenger has also waded in on the issue, with the Arsenal boss insisting that his captain will not be handed a ban once the FA has seen the video, and that the authorities have been prejudiced by the hooded clothing that Fabregas was wearing.

"I show you the tape, you watch the tape, you will be surprised he is charged. He will not be banned," Wenger declared.

"Such a big thing has been made of that story that they go further. I know how it works at the FA. I know them for long enough.

"I believe he has been charged with improper conduct for going on the pitch. Nobody told me you could be charged for that.

"If he had been wearing a black tie he would not have been charged."

• Advertisement
Advertisement