Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register , Login , Payment

Options
  • 24-04-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

All,

Ive bin asked to design a site for a friend that require users to register on the site to be able the purchase the product.

Ive never done a site like this and am looking for advice.

I can make the register form and the login page and all that but its the storing the info is where im clueless. Do i use PHP to do this ?

Also then when purchasing the product. i can make the interface of it but the coding is where i need help. Is this also php ?

Its nothing to complex. Just one product is available.

Thanks for any advice !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

PHP doesn't store info - it merely allows you to retrieve info from a database (normally a MySQL database).

Therefore, in your example, the database would usually contain login details and product info.

If, however, there's only one product, then the product info can be put on a page and the login control access to that page. Any calculations (e.g. buying 2 of the product) could be done via JavaScript.

I'm interested to know how you've done the register form and the login page - have you used PHP for this ?

If so, then you could create a standard html product page with the only "extra" being that if they're not logged in you redirect to the login page.

Finally, when purchasing the product - are you using PayPal or similar for the payment ? If so, just add the standard PayPal form and allow the quantity to be editable.

The only other thing is to determine whether you use PayPal's IPN to indicate that the payment has gone through before sending an order email to the site owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

Hi liam , Thanks for reply.

I havnt actually designed this yet.Still in the plannng stages.

When i said i could do the login and register forms i ment the form design not the coding behind it ! i have a basic understanding of html and css but little if any knowledge of the ecommerce side of things.

That sounds like a good idea that if theyre not logged in when they try to purchase the product it brings them to the login page.

Is there any good tutorials around for this register . save to server molarchy ? i reckon i could figure out the login code if i got that working.

Advertisement