Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone deliver shopping up north to Galway?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

How much to deliver a PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭dougie ward

sent you a pm jenno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭dougie ward

not illegal to purchase those items in the north, however there is a restriction on the amount you can purchase. these items are not re-sold they are just delivered by us shopnorth.net

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi Boardsie's,

BorderBargains.ie operate a similar service excluding Alcohol and Tobacco as It's illegal.

Noel

I emailed border bargains and asked for a quote to buy alcohol up north and nothing was said to me about it being illegal.

Here is what their reply was...

"Thank you for contacting Border Bargains. There are a number of restrictions on the importation of Alcohol into the Republic and we would need to know your exact requirements to provide you with more information."

Thats a bit of a contradiction isnt it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

The above company bought goods from over the border and delivered them to my door. Lovely guys to deal with.

I purchased things in Argos, IKEA and ASDA. I would definately recommend them for anyone who doesnt want to jump on a bus and go all the way up North. Especially for big items too!

Delivery cost is very reasonable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

mailburner wrote: »
    I see smartsavers only deliver to dublin and surrounding counties
    the same applies to recessionbustours

I rang smartsavers and asked if they would soon be delivering
    to galway and surrounding counties and they said there hadnt
    been any interest thus far and that i was the first to ring them
    from galway.

http://smartsavers.ie/contact.html
    www.recessionbustours.ie

I want my shopping delivered to the door and Im sure there's
    lots more who want this service
    Email them, ring them
    We might be able to get something going here if there's enough interest
    As mentioned by someone else "It might provide a business idea for someone already living in Galway too".

Hi all,
    A word of warning about http://www.recessionbustours.ie/, they are a complete shower of idiots and I hope you do not have the mis fortunate I did in getting mixed up with them.

I ordered a piece of furniture in Argos in the North and wanted them to deliver it to me in Dublin. Firstly, I contacted them through the contact form on their website and asked how much it would be to get said item of furniture delivered to Dublin and I was told no more then €40. I sent them the exact link from the Argos website so they had dimensions, weight etc. Delivery day came and I was then told I had to pay €60 by another person, apparently the guy that runs the show even though I had the e-mail that said €40.
    Apparently there are a number of people involved and differnt prices are given out....first warning sign!!

He arrived on his own with a van and my piece of living room furnitire in it, I had though he would at least have had one helper as the unit was big and in tow pieces )second warning sign). With no one else in sight I had to help him bring it into my place only to discover the top part of the unit was badly damaged?? Anyhow, Argos got the blame and he agreed to take the unit back up to the North with him.

Next day I called Argos and in fairness to them they agreed to send out a replacement no questions asked. So the delivery date for the replacement is set to the following week and they will pick up the damaged top half of the unit and replace with a new one. I called yer fella and told him the deal, he re-assured me that he would be back down to deliver the replacement unit the next day after it was delivered and that he would call me beforehand.

I waited, and waited and once again waited..... and with no word from him (not even that call he promised), I decided to call. Turns out Argos came, something magical happened and once again the unit was damaged.....He was unable to tell me who signed for the unit?? There is no way in hell that Argos would come to replace a unit with a damaged one and no way they would leave the new unit without it being signed for so all I can assume is one of his incompetent staff damaged it again if in fact that is the real story??

The moral of it all is that I would never ever use these shower again and would be worried for anyone else that would, especially when it comes to furniture. I have no idea what they are like with delivering anything else but I can sure as hell tell you I won't be finding out!!

Sorry to rave but you know it does good to get these things off one's chest!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Just got a text about a boogie bus :) running to Enniskillen from Galway and Claregalway this Sat 12th for shopping.
    A friend of a friend is doing it, 40 or 45 for an adult, 2nd adult goes for 25, kids 20. Leaves Galway 8am ish and returns 9pms (I assume that's leave?), 53 seater coach.

The good thing about this is there are 'food and drink included on coach'!

I might just be tempted!!

PM me for number as I probably shouldn't post it.

Advertisement