Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you play football?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

So of the 70 or so who say they play in some form how many of you live in Dublin and how come so few of you volunteered for the Soccer team when they were playing other forums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

tribulus wrote: »
    So of the 70 or so who say they play in some form how many of you live in Dublin and how come so few of you volunteered for the Soccer team when they were playing other forums!

Yeah, this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Maybe slightly off topic but Im looking for a game of astro or any type of outdoor game in the south Dublin area. If anybody has a game going and needs a player let me know.

Where do the boards team play? could maybe stand in if low on players over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I retired from competitive soccer at the grand old age of 16. knee problems. always meant to return

Quit proper 11 a side at around 14 after a very nasty tackle on my knees made me very scared for awhile. Just play the odd Astro now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭JCos

Play 11 a side on Satrudays in the UCFL. Train twice a week and play astro with my mates once a week as well.

Anyone else playing in the UCFL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Can't answer for the rest but I live in Navan. Have a provisional license and am careful about driving into the city so. Also I ain't that great ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Train twice a week, match on a Sunday, indoor once a week.

Same as, also play in the astro leagues and cycle a fair bit, in the gym and out on the road, and im still not super fit, think i should really look at my diet and lifestyle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I would have loved to play but it always clashed with competitive games for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

None of you are real enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I don't live in Dublin but I'd definitely turn out if there was a game organised with the Galway city forum :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Thanks for the answers guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Dont play as much as I want to.

Played schoolboys football for years with Naas, stint with Kildare County u16's then hit leaving cert and college and fat.

Now trying to get back into it, havent been able to find a club and am now crocked so it'll be a while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

If there was another game organised id turn up, I seen the one for vs Poker but I thought the teams were already picked etc so didnt bother volunteering.

Advertisement