Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for some new friends

Options
  • 24-04-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

ive been living here for about a year (originally from america) and just got married. not working and dont get out much (lack of a car) so i dont meet many new people. i have friends through my wife, but i kind of need my own if you know what i mean. i just realized how pathetic this all sounds, lol. if anyone wants to grab a few pints, let me know.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wakeupchamp

Hey tribesman I understand your pain . You say you are looking for friends ,whats your thing ,are you a young ,middle aged ,old man whats your idea of fun .Just like to get an idea of the kind of bloke we are dealing with here before i organise pints with some nutbag yank

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

Hey tribesman I understand your pain . You say you are looking for friends ,whats your thing ,are you a young ,middle aged ,old man whats your idea of fun .Just like to get an idea of the kind of bloke we are dealing with here before i organise pints with some nutbag yank

lol, im 28. into music, biking, lifting, history, traveling, . im not your typical yank. i actually find the majority of americans annoying as ****, lol. i really love living here and im not here just for money and ****. always kind of been into irish and uk cultures. just got lucky and found myself an irish wife. extremely glad to be out of america. i miss my family and friends, but i love it here. its nice to have peace and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you organise something in GC I'm usually up for it.

Magnus wrote: »
    If you organise something in GC I'm usually up for it.

im about an hour from GC....sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

i actually find the majority of americans annoying as ****, lol

I have to tell you I find a lot of americans great people. My image of americans is very friendly people, easy to talk to, very helpful and polite. I find america itself fascinating and hope to cycle it some day in the next few years. Spent a summer in Alaska recently workig with a lot of lower 48 yanks. They were a fantastic bunch. Had a great time with them. Dont run your own down so much. There are pathetic idiots everywhere (Ireland included).

• Advertisement

KStaford wrote: »
    I have to tell you I find a lot of americans great people. My image of americans is very friendly people, easy to talk to, very helpful and polite. I find america itself fascinating and hope to cycle it some day in the next few years. Spent a summer in Alaska recently workig with a lot of lower 48 yanks. They were a fantastic bunch. Had a great time with them. Dont run your own down so much. There are pathetic idiots everywhere (Ireland included).

very true. i just get annoyed by the "i live in the greatest most powerful country" mentality. and you are right...there are idiots everywhere. i just didnt want to be thrown into the american idiot group, lol.

any good places around here to mountain bike? ive just been riding on the road...and thats not very smart with the way people drive around here, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

if you are ever looking for a cycle buddy, I live near athenry and usually do an evening road spin, I sometimes drive out to Derroura (out past Oughterard). There is a 16k mountain bike trial out there. its fantastic. I have cycled it on my old banger mtb. Last sunday I actuially walked it with a camera which was stunning.

KStaford wrote: »
    if you are ever looking for a cycle buddy, I live near athenry and usually do an evening road spin, I sometimes drive out to Derroura (out past Oughterard). There is a 16k mountain bike trial out there. its fantastic. I have cycled it on my old banger mtb. Last sunday I actuially walked it with a camera which was stunning.

i heard that bike trail out in oughterard is amazing. id love to come down there and cycle....just dont get the car all too often :( went for a ride from kilkerrin into newbridge last week. total trip was about 19 miles. add that into riding back into a nasty wind and it was more like 30 miles, lol. mountbellew is nice, but they dont allow bikes which i dont understand. hardly ever anyone back there and theres a lot of side trails nobody walks on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wakeupchamp

tribesman ,I sent you a pm

tribesman ,I sent you a pm

got it

• Advertisement
Advertisement