Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lampard calls into radio show

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's also an item on ITN 's news at ten .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Fair play to Frank. I do not think that I could have been as good. Probably would have found and gone after him.

Fair play to Frank. I do not think that I could have been as good. Probably would have found and gone after him.
    Frank is much smarter than that .Throw away all he has achieved to have a pop at some toe rag ? I dont think so .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Fair play to Frank. Defending his family to the hilt. He's rocketed up in estimation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Latchy wrote: »
    Frank is much smarter than that .Throw away all he has achieved to have a pop at some toe rag ? I dont think so .
    True, but there are ways and means, just ask Carra :)

True, but there are ways and means, just ask Carra :)
    I will next time we meet :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Thanks for posting this op, fair play to Frank, always had him down as a top player and a nice bloke, always seemed to be the first to lend his name to charity work, meet with fans with disabilities or soldiers who were injured in Iraq/Afghanistan etc.

Defiantly held himself together, did well to not get agressive, moreso that this was the first anniversary of his mother's passing. The radio show was enormously insensitive to broadcast a story about the man's personal life, the day was bound to be stressful enough; mother's anniversary, never mind dealing with a tabloid story about his personal life.

He's imo, the only Chelsea player in the current 1st team crop I didn't have down as an overpaid, egotistical, scumbag-playboy. He has proved his point, the jury is still out to the rest of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

weemcd wrote: »
    the jury is still out to the rest of them!

To be fair I think they returned a verdict on Cashley Cole a long time ago.

He's been convicted and sentenced to a life sentence of being recognised
    for being the total cock that he is - with no chance of parole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

To be fair I think they returned a verdict on Cashley Cole a long time ago.

He's been convicted and sentenced to a life sentence of being recognised
    for being the total cock that he is - with no chance of parole.

He still gets to put his fat one up cheryl tho. . . no justice.

• Advertisement

They've just been discussing this on Sky News, apparantly it's
    all over the front pages of The Sun and The Star.

They're taking the view that it was a mistake on Lampard's part,
    that he has given the thing way more exposure that it originally had.
    That it's now a major success for this O'Brien character.

I for one would disagree, I still think that Lampard was dead right.
    Anyone with half a brain who reads about this would have to agree.
    Lampard comes out of it looking a hell of a lot better than that 'shock-jock'.
    Not that I'd be casting aspertions on the average Sun reader of course...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

that o brien character comes across as nothing but sleaze and dishonesty. such a shame. there are so much good and talented journalists who have to retire / change profession and its talentless hacks like him that get the nod.

so thats it folks... buy them red tops... let them tell ya whos "cracking up" because they are so f**kin accurate.... cos u bought it....

Here's a clip of O'Brien being interviewed by Kay Burley on Sky News.
    I think she doesn't do a bad job of exposing this cretin.

After watching that clip I really hate him now.
    C'mon lone gunman, we need you now more than ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmTQHi5-XdQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I thought Kay Burley came across as more of a prick than he did. I thought he made his point quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I thought Kay Burley came across as more of a prick than he did. I thought he made his point quite well.

I thought he came across as a typical tabloid hack. His underlying argument in the interview is basically - guilty until proven innocent.

Hats off to Frank. When I first started reading the transcript on this thread(the first I`d even heard of the story) I was just waiting to get to the lines where Frank starts making a fool of himself or swearing or something, but he kept himself together very well and really went up in my estimations.

To me he just came across as a weasel who couldn't admit he was wrong.
    He distorted facts and refused to accept that he had acted recklessly.

Now, it could all come out that Lampard totally distorted the facts and
    that it's Lampard that is in fact the real villain, but I really don't think so IMO.

He defended himself well and it's highly unlikely that he would blatantly lie on-air.
    Any lies would obviously be seized upon by the media and he would be subsequently torn to shreds in the press.

O'Brien started off by trying to garner some cheap support by harping on about how much he values marriage.
    Then he claimed that Lampard's ex-partner had "given an emotional interview".
    If Lampard is to be believed she was tricked by some low life in a nightclub.

Then O'Brien proceeded to reiterate his point about Lampard living in luxury while his kids had been
    forced into sub-standard accomodations.
    Forgetting for a minute about the 3.5 million property that Lampard is supposed to be
    providing for his ex and the kids.
    He ignored the point that if the kids were going to be living with Lampard for half the week
    then they would be out of their original home no matter what the arrangement.

The main point is that O'Brien wouldn't accept that he was wrong to describe Lampard as 'weak and scum'
    based on an alleged conversation with his druken ex-partner.

O'Brien was starting to get the better of Kay Burley near the end of the interview but this was
    just more of his attempts to weasel out of the situation without admitting he was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well done Frank fair play.
    A great player and on that evidence a very decent guy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

<Whatever Tamazin wants written here>

DrumSteve wrote: »
    i have gained a new respect for this man.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    As have I.

Well done Frank.

me 2

Fair play Frankie!

Abigayle wrote: »
    I agree. Lampard took a little while to turn the interview around, but he did it. Burley was trying to make a príck out of him.

Always thought Lampard was on top of his game, but a cocky fúcker. After that interview, I have to admit I've seen him in a different light.

Someone with a shorter fuse would have told Burley to go fúck himself much earlier in the interview. I know I would have.

Uhhhh, do you know who Frank Lampard is? :confused:

And Burley is a her, that's why she's called Kay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Well done Frank, I respect the guy even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

To me he just came across as a weasel who couldn't admit he was wrong.
    He distorted facts and refused to accept that he had acted recklessly.

O'Brien was starting to get the better of Kay Burley near the end of the interview but this was
    just more of his attempts to weasel out of the situation without admitting he was wrong.

Exactly , he tries to play the moralistic high and mighty and cool card, he is a your typical tabloid hack, just feeding off what he needs to peddle this sort of stuff they claim to be "human interest" when infact its should be only about the humans involved, and noone else. none of this is anyones business.

Sky news reporting this is no better, much of their journalism is of this gutter type also.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Fair play to Frank .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm happy that Lampard stood up for himself and done it in an articulate and controlled manner. On and off the pitch his just a real genuine guy that gets on with things. Hopefully this whole episode will not distract him Tuesday nite .

Frank Lampard's a gentleman.
    He’s a class act.
    He’s a rebel.
    And he stands up to these creeps from the gutter press like James O'Brien.
    Let me tell you about O'Brien.
    He's the guy that ran away and left his wife for a young one.

Uhhhh, do you know who Frank Lampard is? :confused:

You are absolutely right. I have no penis.. what was I thinking.

And Burley is a her, that's why she's called Kay.

Well aware of who she is too. They offending typo has been taken care of, many thanks..

You are absolutely right. I have no penis.. what was I thinking.

Your point that I was being sexist is about as bizarre as your original post.

An interview between Kay Burley and James O'Brien was being discussed.

The reason I commented on your post was solely down to the fact that
    you appear to have thought that Lampard was being interviewed by Kay Burley.

I was making light fun of your post but don't accuse me of being sexist.
    I would have made that post regardless of your sex.
    I agree. Lampard took a little while to turn the interview around, but he did it.
    Burley was trying to make a príck out of him.
    Always thought Lampard was on top of his game, but a cocky fúcker. After that interview, I have to admit I've seen him in a different light.
    Someone with a shorter fuse would have told Burley to go fúck hERself much earlier in the interview. I know I would have.

I was making light fun of your post but don't accuse me of being sexist.I would have made that post regardless of your sex.

No sweat. I get you now ;)

No sweat. I get you now ;)

Actually it's spelt Tamzarian...
    I'm sorry, I'll stop now. :o

P.S. I wouldn't dream of trying to tell you what to post.
    I was just having a little fun at your expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Fair play Lampard, glad that radio host got his comeuppance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Frank has always given 100% on the pitch it total honest and carried himself with the upmost dignity off it. Never understood peoples hatred of him.

Last year after his mother died he had the balls to stand up and take a penalty against Liverpool to celebrate with tears flowing. This interview is another example of the class of the man. A true legend on every level.

What a sumbag journalist to do that to his wife and the dj as well on the anniversary of his mothers death.

Well done Frank. Total respect.

edit: just as im typing this its up for discussion on SSN. Some Liverpool fan rang in there and said he deserved every second of it because he is Chelsea. What a mentality some people have!!!!

I gotta say i'm impressed by Frank with the way he handled himself, he actually sounded like he was interviewing the DJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Still though, did he do the right thing.

AFAIK in Irish law the family home goes to the children - the idea being that they're the ones who would suffer most from being moved.

Obviously, it's not that way in the UK but in all fairness, they should stay where they are and he should move out.

Good to see someone stand up to the English media though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

good man lampard now seal the deal when you see that muppet again and punch him right in the mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Fair play to Frank, always came across as a well spoken decent bloke....and to think of the abuse he got from West Ham fans yesterday, disgusting. They really should get over it, its a long time since he transferred ffs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Fair play to Frank, always came across as a well spoken decent bloke....and to think of the abuse he got from West Ham fans yesterday, disgusting. They really should get over it, its a long time since he transferred ffs :mad:

Apparently he threw them his shirt after the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

it's not about the transfer, it's about Frank's disrespect to West Ham. He kisses the Chelsea badge any time he scores. Fair enough, but to do it at Upton Park, inciting the fans and just being provocative - this is the son of Mr. West Ham btw - is uncalled for. Joe Cole et al all get warm welcomes.

But fair play to him, I think he had balls to ring in and give that idiot of a DJ a piece of his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Lampard you Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

it's not about the transfer, it's about Frank's disrespect to West Ham. He kisses the Chelsea badge any time he scores. Fair enough, but to do it at Upton Park, inciting the fans and just being provocative - this is the son of Mr. West Ham btw - is uncalled for.

These "fans" that he is showing disrespect towards are the same "fans" that gave him nothing but abuse when he was a West Ham player. God forbid he should want to move away from a club where he gets abuse by the home fans. He went to Chelsea where he was welcomed and respected from the minute he arrived. He took the club and the fans to heart. Chelsea fans have held him in such high regard since he arrived so why wouldn't he kiss the badge of the club he has grown to love?

West Ham fans had a great player on their hands. They treated him with complete and utter contempt and lost him because of it. Their own fault and they should hurl abuse at themselves and not him.

Advertisement