Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scorned Minister to appear on Late Late Show

• 24-04-2009 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭

Word is getting around that former Junior Minister for Enterprise Trade and Employment John McGuinness is to appear on RTE's The Late Late Show Tonight ?

Could this be the beginning of the end of the 2007 Government ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

It'd take a bit more than that to cripple our government, given that they're already crippled and managing just fine to hang on in there.

He'll bleat a bit, so what? He has his golden parachute, and won't become a great defender of the people.

If John Gormley was coming onto the Late Late that'd be a different matter. But his ministerial car is a bit too comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gnxx

Het-Field wrote: »
    Word is getting around that former Junior Minister for Enterprise Trade and Employment John McGuinness is to appear on RTE's The Late Late Show Tonight ?

Could this be the beginning of the end of the 2007 Government ?
    I suspect that you are correct. He has pushed his media statements etc towards the end of the week. He is certainly gearing up for something.

John McGuinness is a good guy. He is one of the very few politicians in this country I would trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

What does he expect to achieve? Aren't most of the junior posts recent inventions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I suppose the fact that he was a junior minister gives him a bit more credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

turgon wrote: »
    I suppose the fact that he was a junior minister gives him a bit more credibility.

Credibility for what? He was given a post that was created only fairly recently (if I'm wrong please correct me and I'll edit the post). He is stil a TD and will never face economic hardships like the vast majority of people. It reeks of sour grapes, if he's going to spill anything it's just because he's mad not because he's doing what's right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Wasn't he the guy who said the public sector needed to be slashed and was then shushed because of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

gurramok wrote: »
    Wasn't he the guy who said the public sector needed to be slashed and was then shushed because of it?

Yes, by the way john Gormley cycles most places around dublin so that comment was unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

gurramok wrote: »

this was when it became clear that biffo is begg and o,connors byotch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If I were McGuinness I would have kept my mouth shut til June to make sure I wasn't sacked so that I was available for a cabinet reshuffle.

Shot himself right in the foot IMO. I always though him a good guy, but numerous people have told me he's impossible to work with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

eamonnm79 wrote: »
    Yes, by the way john Gormley cycles most places around dublin so that comment was unfair.
    Wasting Garda time tbh. The minister's car still follows him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭SeanW

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Then if he does cycle, what is the point?
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭c1979

fair play to him last. Biffo and his croonies are incompetent muppets who couldn't run any sort of organisation let alone a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

jmccrohan wrote: »

With the motor running as he was waffling (making vacuous speeches) in Cork. A fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

c1979 wrote: »
    fair play to him last. Biffo and his croonies are incompetent muppets who couldn't run any sort of organisation let alone a country.

I'm sure Biffo could probably run a pis$ up in his brother's pub. And sing an aul Sinatra song while he's at it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

This is a piece of pure bull.

Create some bogus "internal opposition" and then local candidates can talk out of the corners of their mouths "supporting" McGuinness.

An old failed strategy of the Tories during 1996 and 1997 when the writing was on the wall for them, too.

Advertisement