Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This week's LoI

Options
  • 24-04-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭

Bohemians -V- Bray Wanderers

The offer of 13.0 on offer for an away win tonight seems a bit big tonight, I’d have Bray no bigger than 7s. However, I won’t be backing them outright as Bohs should have too much in the tank for them. For the first time this season Eddie Gormley has an injury free Bray squad to choose from. They should cause Bohs a few problems in the first half, or at least prevent Bohs causing problems in the opening period. I’m going to lay Bohs to be leading at half time. Bohs should motor on to win this in the second half especially in the final 25 minutes, but have a feeling Bray could frustrate in the opening 45.

Shelbourne -v- Athlone Town

Shels have suffered 2 defeats in their past 2 league games and will need to get back to winning ways tonight. The past 2 games have shown how poor the Shels defence can be at times. Before the last 2 games the Reds went on a terrific run of clean sheets but in each of those games the back 4 never really looked solid or confident. Dermot Keely’s team news can be taken with a pinch of salt but there’s a slight chance that Shels could be missing up to 3 of their regular defenders. This defence can deal with the long ball all day and night but if Athlone come out and try to play football they will cause the home side a few headaches. A fortnight ago the speed of the UCD strike force just proved how slow the Reds defence can be. “ It seems that fans will be treated to some goals at Tolka Park on Friday night. Of all the teams in the top-six these two have conceded the most goals. Both defences will have to be on their toes however as Athlone’s front-two of Noel McGee and Emeka Onwubiko have hit seven goals so far this season as have Shelbourne strikers Paddy Madden and Anto Flood. (lifted extratime.ie)”. I would be in an agreement with the above. Emeka Onwubiko seems to be one for the future and is currently involved with the Irish Youths. Check out his brace here:
    http://www.youtube.com/athlonetowntv?gl=IE&hl=en-GB. Shels should win this one but they will also have to face a couple of problems from the visitors. So with that, I’ll be staying away from the win market and concentrating on the goal scoring.

Backing:

Lay Bohs, half time result (Betfair) @ 1.89 - 0.5 pts
    Emeka Onwubiko to score anytime (Powers) @ 4/1 - 0.25 pts
    Over 2.5 (Shels V Athlone) (Betfair) @ 2.44 - 1.5 pts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Took Galway away to Cork at 5/1 with Paddy Power. No big analysis, i just don't think Cork have been impressive and consistent enough for another team to be this price against them. Galway playing well away from home so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

raheny red wrote: »

Lay Bohs, half time result (Betfair) @ 1.89 - 0.5 pts:(
    Emeka Onwubiko to score anytime (Powers) @ 4/1 - 0.25 pts:(
    Over 2.5 (Shels V Athlone) (Betfair) @ 2.44 - 1.5 pts[/B]:(

3 big duck eggs.

Bohs won the 1st half 2-0 and take it easy in the second half drawing 0-0 so got it wrong big time there. The Shels game could have easily had 3 goals but Flood couldn't finish at least 3 decent chances. Emeka nearly made it 2-1 which would have seen a very nice return. Still though, ****e night financially :(

Longford Town -V- Sporting Fingal

This should be a walk in the park for the away side. This is part time V full time. Longford really are poor this season. They’ve only got 4 points all season, a draw in the 1st game against Mon U and a 4-0 win over the shocking Kildare. Since that 4-0 win they’ve played 5 games - all defeats. They’ve only scored 3 goals in that period whilst shipping 10 goals. On the other hand Fingal have really got themselves going after their sluggish start. Their opening 2 games seen them draw with Waterford and lose to Ucd. That’s not the worst considering both of those teams are now 1st and 2nd in the division. A win tonight for Fingal will see them shoot in 2nd place. They’ve won their last 5 league games and more significantly all those victories have come with clean sheets.

LTFC are missing their regular keeper, though they have signed a replacement but the rumours on their forum suggest that he can’t play due to work permit difficulties. So it looks like their manager Alan Gough could be in goal. He’s a former GK himself but is 37 now and not playing regularly so won’t be match fit. The early tissue of 4/7 with Hills is gone now and Fingal are now 4/9. But as usual (strangely) they have changed their win-draw-win markets but none of the others. I’d suggest Fingal to win both halves @ 3/1. Now, as you know yourselves this can always be a tough one to get up. But it seems value as a 4/9 shot shouldn’t be 3/1 to win both halves. However, if this isn’t your sort of market there’s plenty more on the game. All the “info” above suggests a very convincing away win.

Fingal to win both halves @ 3/1 (Hills) - 1 pts.
    Fingal to score in both halves (Hills) @ 8/5 - 1 pts
    Fingal Ht/Ft (Hills) @ 6/4 - 1 pts

Hills the ****ers have reduced my stakes so can’t get a max bet on so I’ve to spread out my bets. Tossers.

Fingal to win both halves @ 3/1 (Hills) - 1 pts. :(
    Fingal to score in both halves (Hills) @ 8/5 - 1 pts :)
    Fingal Ht/Ft (Hills) @ 6/4 - 1 pts :)

Lucky enough Hills restricted my stakes otherwise I'd have put it all on Fingal to win both halves. Second half finished 1-1 so that one was a loser thanks to Fingal getting a man sent off!

Advertisement