Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hundreds of big black spiders in back garden

Options
  • 24-04-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

hello, my proplem is that i have hundreds of black spiders running around my back garden, mainly were the flowers and bushes are. they seem to be there from march through the summer. the problem is i am arachnaphobic. they seem to have come when we got hardwood woodchips about 3 years ago. now i cant enjoy the garden. any advice on how to get rid of them would be welcome. please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Rake all the woodchips to dry out in the sun. Spiders like dark places. Are you sure they arent just little brown garden spiders? Sure they wont do you any harm anyway:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

brown, black, they're spiders and there big to me.:eek::eek:. seriously though, i cant enjoy my garden with them running around. some people hate rats, i dont mind them but i'd say a lot more people are afraid of SPIDERS:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: aargh. please i want my garden back to the way it was pre woodchip. now my wife wants to get more wchip.:(. thanks any way for replying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

suey71 wrote: »
    the problem is i am arachnaphobic.

It's probably easier to deal with that than the spiders. They can sense your fear and that's why they're everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    It's probably easier to deal with that than the spiders. They can sense your fear and that's why they're everywhere.
    Do you think they feed of her fear or something? That's crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

FX Meister wrote: »
    Do you think they feed of her fear or something?

Oh absolutely definitely spiders can smell human fear from miles away and home in on it like attack dogs ;) Also OP is male AFAIK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement