Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIGHLAND

Options
  • 24-04-2009 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

IS THE HIGHLAND NIGHTCLUB STILL OPEN??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Please stop SHOUTING!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

SHOUTING!

tATs not shouting - OP just forgot to turn caps lock off, as you know.

I was with my dad some where recently and he saw an advert for something on in The Highland Newmarket and he could not understand how the place could still be operating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

dh0661 wrote: »
    tATs not shouting - OP just forgot to turn caps lock off, as you know.
    Which is the internet equivalent of shouting. Hello?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Yes, its still open, but it's now called Safari's Niteclub, used to be called the Hi-land back in the day, and is still called that by the local's. Was burned to the ground in 1999, rebuilt 1.5 years later, much nicer now and can hold 2000-3000 as far as I know.

dahamsta wrote: »
    Which is the internet equivalent of shouting. Hello?

for christ sake get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

for christ sake get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get over what, mr exclamation?

dahamsta wrote: »
    Get over what, mr exclamation?

Don't be such a loser, you know what I was talking about, I'm not going to spell it out for you.

I'm not sure you'd be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

yes, the hi-land is still open. i think i may actually wander back there on sunday night. ive not been there in about 3 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

The high land is duke! full of dukies geting duke !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭biomech

its sad to say that its still open and its been called safaris but known as the hiland for as long as i can remember.(10+yrs)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

And for some reason the locals find it impossible to have a night out without it ending in a fight outside Safaris/HiLand.

ned78 wrote: »
    And for some reason the locals find it impossible to have a night out without it ending in a fight outside Safaris/HiLand.

Funny that because its normally the locals that start it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

Yes, its still open, but it's now called Safari's Niteclub, used to be called the Hi-land back in the day, and is still called that by the local's. Was burned to the ground in 1999, rebuilt 1.5 years later, much nicer now and can hold 2000-3000 as far as I know.

2000-3000? Typo or what? Thats like all the City's Clubs Combined!!

Its a dive, full of Mallow 16yr old Skangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Funny that because its normally the locals that start it.

That's what I meant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭lukin

I used to go there when I was a teenager, some good Irish bands used to play there, notably Tome Dunne's Something Happens.
    It was good to support Irish rock music but now it's just another nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cassidy1

D Hiland is packed with kids so unless your under maybe 21 dont bother or just get really hammered first. Thats the only way you can enjoy it. The old Hiland was so much better :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

lukin wrote: »
    I used to go there when I was a teenager, some good Irish bands used to play there, notably Tome Dunne's Something Happens.
    It was good to support Irish rock music but now it's just another nightclub.

Yep i saw the stunning there a few times and almost always got me hole too.

MC Flemming was telling me recently that the numbers have been the best in ages these days, aparently if there was a big dj or a big band playing the numbers would be down the week before and after so they stopped all that. Supposed to be lot older crowd there these days also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cassidy1

I think there is an older crowd there on Friday nights which can be good if there is a crowd with you after a party or something! Its not as cramped and you can find people whereas on a Saturday night you could be looking for someone all night when the upstairs is open. But they usually try to keep the upstairs closed hence being cramped in. They do have a decent smoking area (which is actually indoors) but only on a Saturday night which is always full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

The Hiland is class... Wouldnt miss a weekend there... Ah, in reply to a previous post... Mallows a good half an hour from the Hiland, few travel from there up to Newmarket...

Fights outside the Hiland are now very uncommon... Things are well under control. Ya, an older crowd downstairs always.

Deadly spot, long may it continue!!

Advertisement