Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with warrior tank please.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Plate tanks in general are relatively easy to gear up - I'd recommend the Titansteel gear (Helm, Boots and Shield) with the Daunting Legplates and Handguards, combined with the Tempered Saronite non-set gear as a starting point for any freshly dinged tank. There are some nice BoE bits and pieces easily obtained from the AH or world drops too such as the Burning Skull Pendant and the Tattered Castle Drape. The Crusader's Square Pauldrons are about the best pre-raid that I can think of and they go for 30-80g on my server.

I'd advise any new tank planning on running Heroics to do simple ones (VH *bar the Ethereal boss at first*, AN) along with a group of good players that you know quite well and can trust to heal you through the occasional spike (you may not have the last few defense points) and dps that will ease off on the threat if you're struggling to get some control.

Good BoE epics (if you have the gold) include the Inexorable Sabatons and the Signet of the Accord (sp?) from Naxx Trash and Sartharion, respectively. I'd reccomend sites like maintankadin.com, tankspot.com and parts of elitistjerks.com's forums. Some useful rotation information for Protection Paladins on YouTube too; once I watched a video or two I found tanking really easy.

As far as AddOns go for tanking, as Paladin I find Clique combined with your preferred Unit Frames makes for easy Righteous Defense'ing; rather than a dodgy /assist macro like most would use at first, a simple click on a friend's unit frame taunts the 3 mobs off of them. As for Warrior I can't really give much advice bar maybe a good cooldown timer and maybe a moveable ragebar.

I'd advise any prospective tank gearing up to invest in dualspec asap, as there is always the chance that a group LFM DPS will have a geared tank that will not have a problem passing gear to you for your offspec. Essentially I'd focus on building up a good Friends list that you can dip into for more DPS or a healer so you can do loads of regular heroics and gear up that way, spending your Emblems on upgrades too (there are priority lists on tankspot.com that list what you should buy first->last afaik).

And that concludes my Wall of Text On How To Start Out As A Tank D:

Advertisement