Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

V R T

Options
  • 24-04-2009 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HI THERE, I'M LOOKING TO BUY AN ENGLISH REG CAR FROM A PRIVATE SELLER IN DUBLIN , I JUST NEED THE CAR FOR PARTS TO FIX MY OWN CAR, DO I NEED TO REGISTAR THE CAR AND PAY VRT TO DO THIS OR CAN I JUST BUY THE CAR GET MY PARTS OF IT AND THEN SCRAP IT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

LEGALLY, you need to pay VRT.
    BUT, if it is going to be scrapped whats the point, and if you do pay VRT, you'll only confuse them when you say you don't want the log book, don't want to be insured or pay road tax etc etc.
    SO, I'd just take what you want off it get rid of the scrap.

What kind of a car is it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rathlihen

it's an audi a6 avant

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If the current owner were to bring it to your place and you never put it on the road, then you would not be liable for VRT!

Advertisement