Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL upgraded connections?

Options
  • 24-04-2009 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

Was on 3mb(I think? Or 2 - but think 3!). Didnt do the free upgrade to 10meg as it signed you up for another 12month contract, but noticed today I was downloading ubuntu at 1mb/s.

Did they upgrade everyone with no conditions or has their been a mistake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i doubt it. depends on whether that's a megabit or a megabyte.

did you do any other speed tests like www.speedtest.net to check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Was it not about 12 months ago when they brought in the new contract to sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

All customers who didn't sign up to the free upgrade about 12 months ago now are being moved from 3Mb to 10Mb

lol, so if you didn't sign the 12 month contract 12 months ago and you're still a customer they upgrade you for free now?

might would have been better value to just upgrade at the time and enjoued the faster speeds. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

vibe666 wrote: »
    lol, so if you didn't sign the 12 month contract 12 months ago and you're still a customer they upgrade you for free now?

might would have been better value to just upgrade at the time and enjoued the faster speeds. :rolleyes:
    Yeah but at least they didn't have to sign a new 12 month contract ;)
    I did make the point at the time, if you didn't have any problems with your service, it was more than likely you would still be a customer in 12 months.

• Advertisement

although, if you look at the eircom 7mbps upgrades, they didn't go so well for a lot of people with the interleaving issues, so maybe people were just scared.

i'm a speedfreak though, if there was a free speed upgrade i'd snap it up, even if it meant selling my soul. :D

lol, i'm on the 20mbps package at the moment, but half the time i get less than 10mbps as there's a high uptake locally and new users keep sucking away my bandwidth, but i won't downgrade just because every so often i do a speedtest and it hit's over 18mbps and i'm in heaven. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Hindsight and all that, was expecting to have new apartment ready in October - Was only ready a few weeks ago.

:)

lol, i was waiting for ntl for ages with it 'coming soon' where i lived and got the leaflet a month before a moved apartment in dublin. :(

then when i moved out of dublin to navan when we bought a house, the same 'now available' leaflet came through the door around the time we were moving AGAIN and now we're over 3 year in the house now and only just got it in johnstown in november last year so it's a long time coming for me.

right now, i'm wondering if upc ireland are going to deliver on upc europes promise of 100mbps in all upc territories by the end of 2009. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

lol, i was waiting for ntl for ages with it 'coming soon' where i lived and got the leaflet a month before a moved apartment in dublin. :(

then when i moved out of dublin to navan when we bought a house, the same 'now available' leaflet came through the door around the time we were moving AGAIN and now we're over 3 year in the house now and only just got it in johnstown in november last year so it's a long time coming for me.

right now, i'm wondering if upc ireland are going to deliver on upc europes promise of 100mbps in all upc territories by the end of 2009. :)

Doubt it.
    I'd say most of Europe will be waiting.
    Recession and all;)
    It's a good way for companies to backtrack.

Advertisement