Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting The Camera To The Mac

• 24-04-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

hi, i´ve plugged my camera (canon 50 d) to my mac, and I open the EOS utility, and it just says that the camera is not reckognized...why does it do that? I cant upload my photos now, and I really need them soon, as I have to deliver them to a customer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Is the camera turned on ?
    Also, you can take out the memory card and plug it into a memory card reader, if you have one !
    /I don't have a MAC so I'm not sure how it differs from Windoze ! I'm sure it does plug_n_play :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Isar

No I dont have a card reader yet, maybe its about time to get one! :p But I really need the photos of my camera as soon as possible.

Have you any friendly neighbours ? Use their PC and put the files onto a USB stick or similar, just a thought !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Isar wrote: »
    No I dont have a card reader yet, maybe its about time to get one! :p But I really need the photos of my camera as soon as possible.

How have you got this far with your 50D and not noticed this?Or it this a one off?In which case,restart the mac,and re-plug in cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Isar

The neighbours here suck, :P had to use my parents computer which is taking forever :P But I still want to be able to upload my photos into my macbook pro

• Advertisement

I suppose it depends how OLD their PC is. If it doesn't take USB sticks, then burn files onto a CD !!
    /Footnote: I have an old PC, 1997, a whopping 200MHz processor, 8MB ram, 1GB disk !! oh.....and Windoze '95. I'd say if I introduced a USB stick to it, it would give a few coughs, then a BSOD & finally a beep and die !! :o:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Isar wrote: »
    The neighbours here suck, :P had to use my parents computer which is taking forever :P But I still want to be able to upload my photos into my macbook pro

Use your Parents Pc and while it's burning the images on a CD go onto an online shop and buy a memory card reader,Canon's have issues with Mac's was reading about it a while ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

When I connect my 450D to my macbook it just mounts the card as a browseable drive (behaves the same as a .dmg).

I didn't bother installing any of the utilities that came with it as I already have CS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Gozo

I have a 400d and macbook, i didn't install any canon software. As mentioned in previous post when i connect my camera it mounts as a drive. I import using Aperture, which automatically starts when i connect and turn on the camera. Before i used aperture i used iPhoto and the same happened, it started automatically once camera was conneted and prompted if i'd like to download photos.

try starting iPhoto, you may be able to import with that and it just stores photos in filesystem

Advertisement