Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum a terrorist target?

• 24-04-2009 6:59pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 265 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was handed a notice by the security in dundrum stating that the centre was at a code red heightened state of alert and basically saying to keep an eye out for suspicious stuff.

But i've gotta wonder who would be arsed? I know if i was a particularly pissed kinda terrorist that dundrum would be way down my target list?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's ACM (Angry Cork Mob) they're worried about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH. I have no idea if this is the right place. I have never heard of Dundrum, Dublin, Dublin City or Dublin City South.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Moved from AH.
    We have an ah forum? Is that a sub-forum of aaaahhh?

But seriously, a target for terrorists? I'm very surprised. The place wouldn't be a terrible loss though, but chances are someone you'd know would be caught in it.

What was written on the notice they gave you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

We have an ah forum? Is that a sub-forum of aaaahhh?

But seriously, a target for terrorists? I'm very surprised. The place wouldn't be a terrible loss though, but chances are someone you'd know would be caught in it.

What was written on the notice they gave you?

The reason it would be a terrorist target would be due to the high amount of people in it......not the actual place itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Magnus wrote: »
    It's ACM (Angry Cork Mob) they're worried about.

grrrrrrrrrr up the rebbels :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Surely if that was the case they would just close the place?
    (Im subbed to this thread and still morbidly interested)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jaino

betafrog wrote: »
    code red notification

the centre is now in a heightened state of alert.

You must now
    check your shop unit store rooms toiles for any suspicious devices or packages.
    Check all bins and all garments and containers and contact security if you find any suspicious devices

What do you work at? Where did you hear this? Details please!!!! What did the note say exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Was handed a notice by the security in dundrum stating that the centre was at a code red heightened state of alert and basically saying to keep an eye out for suspicious stuff.

But i've gotta wonder who would be arsed? I know if i was a particularly pissed kinda terrorist that dundrum would be way down my target list?
    I hate fcuking dundrum and everybody in it!.It would be number one on my list(followed by limerick , jerusalem and Disneyland anaheim),to blow the fcuk out of.Actually most people in the world hate dundrum,the only people who don't know this are people from dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭actua11

To be fair, there was a village full of people long before the town center showed up. It's all the out of towners coming shopping (and taking our jobs and wimmins) that cause the flood of people in the place and thus possible target, not us true Dundrum-ites.

Still, it's hard to believe that above all other posssible locations, somebody, somewhere would think up Dundrum as a target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

This is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

ian_m wrote: »
    This is ridiculous.
    it has been known for a long time by the uk/irish goverment that islamic terrorist cells have set up in the republic mainly for a attact on the uk, but as that target is now harder to hit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Surely if that was the case they would just close the place?
    (Im subbed to this thread and still morbidly interested)
    Yeah and why not close every densely populated high-risk building in the world while we're at it? :rolleyes:
    ian_m wrote:
    This is ridiculous.
    Terrorists thrive on this attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Terrorists thrive on fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

There's a lot of Arabs living round there isnt there.

Advertisement