Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firing Ranges????

Options
  • 24-04-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to this sport, have only just bought my first GBB pistol (a Maruzen P99) and I'm just wondering if any of the sites around Dublin have a firing range where I can practise aiming and such. I've been using the back garden for the moment, but it's not ideal as I've a 2 year old daughter and I dont like using it around her.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

What part of dublin are you in? theres sites all over the place nowadays and you could drop around to one of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

As far as i know there's only one proper target shooting place in ireland, that's up in galway in corrib fish and tackle or whatever it is. In my opinion more of these would be great for all airsofters, personally would love it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Thread cleaned:rolleyes:

Most skirmish site will generally have an area to adjust your sights and your hop up.
    These would be the best places to do what you are asking about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

zero19 wrote: »
    As far as i know there's only one proper target shooting place in ireland, that's up in galway in corrib fish and tackle or whatever it is. In my opinion more of these would be great for all airsofters, personally would love it

Paul was talking about doing one in HRTA a few months ago. dunno if its done yet, haven't been there in a long time. but theres a few targets already, for adjusting your hop etc. :)

come to think of it, this is something the lads in the warehouse should defo do. they could have targets put around the place and you have to take a specific route through the gaming area. you'd be given a time limit to be through in and your points added up at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Masada wrote: »
    come to think of it, this is something the lads in the warehouse should defo do. they could have targets put around the place and you have to take a specific route through the gaming area. you'd be given a time limit to be through in and your points added up at the end.

Think the training of CoD4, that would be sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Val_w

That's actually a pretty cool idea, it'd much better than just standing shooting at a stationary target.

I think one of the hitman games had a training area like that aswell.

If there're any of those around I'd definitely go to one!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Masada wrote: »
    What part of dublin are you in? theres sites all over the place nowadays and you could drop around to one of them. :)

Thats actually a brilliant idea.

Or anyone who say that pish poor bond film, the last one pierce brosnan did with the ice and ****, the training facility he has in that...now theres something to aim for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Well whatever you do, stay away from the Corrib Tackle one. It is only about 15 yards long, costs about e30 for half an hour and I am pretty sure you can't use your own equipment there. Plus they use Cybergun BBs, again you have to buy them off them there and Cybergun BBs jam in all my AEGs anyway (JG G36, Army AK47, G&G M4A1 and Star SL9). Might not jam in GBBs though.

Advertisement