Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solo Exhibition

• 24-04-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

So, it took a while and was kept quiet until it was up but I just got my first solo exhibition hung. It's a total low budget affair (everything cost me €40 in total to do) and its far from perfect but its fantastic for the amount it cost me. It's part of an ongoing series I'm working on and its showing in Smock Alley Cafe in Temple Bar, near Fishamble Street/bottom of Cow's Lane in Dublin 8 (just behind Wood Quay). I didn't get the chance to hang them before I went to Japan so it was alot of begging and owing of favours to get someone else to hang everything for me. So please, if you have the chance or time, go check it out!

Thanks!

Pete

IMG_1484.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Must pop in when I've a chance.
    Are you 'Lost in Translation' yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ill deffo be having a look here after the zoo tomorrow, nice work.

heres a google map of the location

Click!!
    5711_smock_alley_cafe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Well you definitely kept that a well kept secret. Well done Pete. I'll be in town during the week and will pop in. Looking forward to seeing the expo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Looks great Pete - How long is it running for?

I'll pop in on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Thanks, it should be running for at least 4- weks, no real definite time frame on it. Kept it quiet because I didn't know if would happen on time (which it didn't) and ended up having to get someone else to hang them while I was away.

Thanks for checking it out if you get the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Look forward to seeing it myself.

Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm in Galway so won't have a chance to see the exhib-good luck with it.
    How many photos in total do you have, what size are they, do you have to create an A4 page with titles, explanations etc?

Cheers,
    pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Well done Pete - good idea to feck off, reduces stress levels

I'll get in if i can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I live in Galway but If I find myself up there in the next 3-4 weeks il do my best to check it out.

Looks Good !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Good stuff Pete, well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Have had this penned since i saw your post on Friday night, will probably pop in on Wednesday.

Congrats :)

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it the support from everyone here on boards.ie photo forum. I rate the feedback here from other members highly so it's always good to get some good feedback through here.
    I don't think I'd have the motivation to shoot as much if I wasn't a member on here. Everyone is really cool and it's my biggest source of inspiration checking out other peoples work on here is addictive! I'm hoping to move this to A0 size in later in the year somewhere else! Bigger is better I hope!

Thanks again.

Pete.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

That looks really smart Pete. Cracking photos, great cohesive collection (nothing worse than a mish-mash) and hung straight too.
    Nice coffee and bun being served at a very reasonble price too so a good place to stop of for a cuppa.

How was it possible to bring it in at the price you paid? (If you don't mind me asking).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Hi Pete,

Just popped in to get a lovley cup of capuchino and a browse of your shots. It looks very well. The theme us very suited to the urban landscape it resides in. Good project, great shots and well done.

humberklog wrote: »
    That looks really smart Pete. Cracking photos, great cohesive collection (nothing worse than a mish-mash) and hung straight too.
    Nice coffee and bun being served at a very reasonble price too so a good place to stop of for a cuppa.

How was it possible to bring it in at the price you paid? (If you don't mind me asking).

I got the prints done for free pretty much through a friend who works at a graphic design place. They aren't on proper photo paper and weren't printed on a proper photographic printer so he ran them off for me and the only expense was the mountboard and velcro strips for hanging them.

Thanks for going to check them out and for the positive feedback :)

Pete.

Advertisement