Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

politics and society in northern ireland 1949-1993

Options
  • 24-04-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

would anyone be able to tell me what areas i should study.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

+1
    We only started this topic a few weeks ago, and we have only covered the troubles, and the sunnigdale agreement, we will be doing th eother 2 case studies in the coming weeks and hoping for the best!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Assuming you are doing the cases studies only then you need to know The 3 case studies,(the orange bits in the Folens book) and the background to each, how it all started eg the civil rights movement of the Sunningdale agreement case study, and generally what people views were and what parts did certain people play in each case study (eg Prime Minister, prominant figures) you need to know this for the Contextualisation question (Q4) for the document, in Higher level this carries the most marks so is very important!
    Buying more than one history books is expensive, but can be useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

well if you're in sixth year now (I'm not sure if you are), you'll need to know more than just the case studies coz its not the document question this year! I think something about the economy during the troubles, the emergence of the provisional IRA, and cultural responses to the Troubles might come up. I also think the apprentice boys of Derry has a good chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I don't actually do this book in school, but my grinds teacher wants us to learn the fall of Stormont and Sunningdale as back ups becuase he's convinced they're coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

Personally I think this is one of the easier parts of the history course, I'd focus a good bit on the welfare system - since that has a tendancy to come up (came up in my mocks too), but if you have a general idea of the chronological order of events its not actually too hard to muster up a decent answer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement