Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Over zealous mods

• 24-04-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

So, for some reason a thread on first gigs was moved to music section, but yet we have a 'what do you drive thread' staying where it is in good old carlow!! Another case of overzealous moderators I'd venture!!!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

feel free to make a thread in the helpdesk shotgun re this.

I moved it because it is relevant to the gigs and music forum, not Carlow, the what do you drive etc was i suppose when this forum was getting of the ground a way of creating traffic.

there was recently a what was your first record etc but that mainly focused on that and where it was bought in Carlow.

hope this clarifies my reasoning on moving it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭shotgun mike

My bad! should have stuck it in feedback - just seemed a little puzzling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh with other threads it's been the same, we're not supposed to take away from other forum's or try t creat our own little all topic covering one either. happened with another thread recently and thats what we were asked to do shotgunmike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

As the starter of that particular thread, I thought it was a bit strange too.

But I spose the mods have to do a bit of a balancing act on these type of things.

I should have probably included a Carlow experiance in my original post..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

As the starter of that particular thread, I thought it was a bit strange too.

But I spose the mods have to do a bit of a balancing act on these type of things.

I should have probably included a Carlow experiance in my original post..

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Folks.. If you have a problem with a mod or how a mod has acted, then please send them or any of the fourm mods a PM. Alternatively, contact me or Dub13. Or you can go to Help Desk to seek a review by an Smod.

Consider this thread closed since its off topic. Id suggest people read the forum charter and site rules.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement