Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Les Claypool?

• 24-04-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Any Les Claypool fans among us?

I grew up listening to Primus and as a result heard the Sausage album... I never really heard too much of the other side projects..

Theres so many?!

I recently got the new solo album... Its strange.. even by primus standards...
    It's taking me a while to get into.. but im sure i will.
    I just got tickets this morning to see him play live too. Hoping he doe smostly primus stuff!:rolleyes:

Anyone else heard the new stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Not hard the newer stuff, but i have to admit, i don't understand Primus but they are catchy.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Where's he playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

yeah gave his new album "Of Fungi and Foe" a listen the other day. weird stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Primus Suck

Im serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Passenger wrote: »
    Where's he playing?

Vancouver..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I enjoyed Suck On This back in the day, really liked Sailing The Seas Of Cheese, but when Pork Soda came out it was a case of "Yeah, heard this before" and lost interest. Still listen to the first three albums from time to time but still haven't much interest beyond that.

I think Primus were up there with some of my early influences alongside Metallica...
    I put on Sailing the seas of cheese yesterday for the first time in years and Just like any old metallica stuff, it makes me feel about 13 again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 TheLastBaron

Les Claypool is an absolute king, love Primus. Can't praise the chap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

les claypool .ha ha wyonas big brown beaver ,deadly song that,brilliant vid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fitz73

got the new cd. is not great,i have all his stuff . i agree with doc j the first 3 albums are the best but Antipop and purple onion are really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

les is just a class player ,primus are pretty cool some pretty weird stuff sometimes but otherwise great

Listen to Rhinoplasty's live version of tommy the cat !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Richy165

Primus Sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

Love and adore Primus... but pretty much everything Les has done since Primus (Fancy Band, Oysterhead, Bernie Brains, etc) has left me completely cold. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I loved Claypool in Primus but anything since then hasn't really appealed to me. That video of him singing My Name is Mud at Woodstock '94 is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I love the madness...very zappa esque

And he can play!!Im a sucker for slap bass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Have only really listened to the Primus stuff! Frizzle fry being the favourite album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Richy165 wrote: »
    Primus Sucks

richy sucks

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Advertisement