Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring sub boards

Options
  • 24-04-2009 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Just wondering what way people wire sub boards.Do you come from an mcb in the main board and if so should you feed into a main switch fuse in the sub board or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

an mcb or switchfuse at the main board rated for cable feeding sub-board and then an isolator or main switch at sub-board.for domestic anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭istabraq

Thanks.Recently i have found sub boards where the supply was just coming into the mcbs would you change these or what?

i normally fit a switch anyhow assuming the supply to the sub-board is already protected at main board.i dont bother with 35 or 50 amp neozeds much as these can easily be upped to 63

did a google and the neozed fuses have adapter rings and tools similar to the old diazed system but i'm not sure that these are being used much
    http://www.altechcorp.com/PDFS/FUSECAT3.PDF

Advertisement