Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter tear up Adriano contract / Ibra leaving

• 24-04-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Inter Milan and Adriano have officially parted ways with the Brazil striker's contract now torn up, the Serie A giants announced this afternoon.

A split has been on the cards since Adriano failed to return to Italy following international duty at the beginning of the month, and announced he was taking a leave of absence as he had 'lost the joy of playing'.

And it was made official today, ending the 27-year-old's eight-year association with the Nerazzurri.

Adriano had a contract with the club until June 2010.

'Inter Milan communicates that the contract of sporting work with the footballer Adriano Leite Ribeiro has been terminated with effect from April 1 2009,' read a statement on the club website, www.inter.it.

'This morning the documents were deposited in the offices of the National Professionals' League.

'The whole of Inter embraces Adriano for eight years and 74 goals experienced together.'

Adriano has had a troubled time in Serie A and played most of last season on loan at Sao Paulo with Inter's consent after the player acknowledged he was going through a difficult time in his personal life.

He returned to Italy in the summer but has had several fallings out with Inter officials since.

Another player who could be following Adriano out of the San Siro exit door is Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The 27-year-old is a firm fans' favourite in the blue half of Milan but admits he is starting to get itchy feet.

'I have a contract with Inter and I feel well here. But as the same time I would like to test something new now because I've been in Italy for five years,' Ibrahimovic told Eurosport in an interview which will be aired on Monday.

'I won everything in Italy, I learnt a lot from Italy. But there is a moment in your life, like when I was at Ajax, when you say to yourself you want to try something new.'

He added: 'I think Spanish football is more the way I play ... I like technical football and they play technical there.'

The Sweden striker also revealed he passed up the chance to join Arsenal in 2001, opting for a move to Ajax instead.

'When I was in Malmo there was someone who invited me to Arsenal to see Mr Wenger,' added Ibrahimovic. 'And I went there, I saw Patrick Vieira and the other big players who were there and when I met Wenger we spoke a little bit.

'Then I also had Monaco, Ajax and Roma who contacted me. But in the end Ajax were keener. I think it was a better solution for me even if Wenger is doing a fantastic job with the young guys.'

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0424/adriano_intermilan.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ibrahimovic is leaving

wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I was genuinely shocked to read recently that Inter's wage bill was double that of Man United's. Especially when you consider that United's revenues are double that of Inter's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hmm I wonder if Man City will look to add another Brazilian to their squad?

Apparently Brazil is his most likely destination...
    Adriano's agent, Gilmar Rinaldi, has now confirmed the forward is likely to eye a new club in his homeland, once he has overcome his troubles.

Rinaldi told Sky Italia. "Now Adriano is free to play where he wants, in Brazil or anywhere he would like.

"Right now he's not sure about what he will want to do. He had particular problems and we are working to solve them.

"He couldn't come back in Italy or Europe, he maybe could come back playing in Brazil, also for the national team."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11860_5234113,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hmm, I wonder where Ibra will go. Hopefully somewhere in the PL.

how many yrs does Ibra have left on his contract ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

They guy said he is interested in Spain so may aswell rule out a prem team unless ludicrous wages on offer. Man City no doubt will be hot on the trail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Headshot wrote: »
    how many yrs does Ibra have left on his contract ?

Swap him for Berbatov and you'll get the rich mans Berbatov.

The only team in Spain that would sign Zlatan is Real Madrid.

I dont rate either of them to be honest.

Give me a Villa any day.

redout wrote: »

Give me a Villa any day.

Any Villa do?

• Advertisement

Give me a Villa any day.

I taught Ibra was very good against utd recently

Ibra to partner arshavin...?

*drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Zlatan to Real and Adriano to UAE for the money

Zlatan to Real and Adriano to UAE for the money

R.Madrid could have some class striker force

Ibra and D.villa together

now that is frightening

Headshot wrote: »
    I taught Ibra was very good against utd recently

Headshot the guy was slated by the majority of the media (except the best player in the world believers - LoL) for being brutal in the 2nd leg at old trafford. How many chances did the guy miss - how many chances does the supposed best player in the world need to score ?

Ibra best in the world = Myth

There is only one worthy of the title and he currently resides at the Camp Nou.

Headshot the guy was slated by the majority of the media (except the best player in the world believers - LoL) for being brutal in the 2nd leg at old trafford. How many chances did the guy miss - how many chances does the supposed best player in the world need to score ?

yes he's very very over -rated but I still think he a very good striker

would i take him instead of berba----dead cert (and im not saying that out of spite)

think himself and Rooney could be a very good striker force

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

no doubting that ibra is quality. I though he played well against united, his finsihing wasnt up to par but his general play was very gd. In a better team I think he could be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Not all strikers are goal scorers. Ibra offers so much more to a team than most strikers and is probably the most unique striker in the world in that if you want a goalscorer there are plenty of them, Villa, Eto'o, Toni, Torres but what Ibra does virtually nobody else can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd take him in a second at United. I think he'd be fantastic. Much prefer him to Tevez if that was an option.
    I was genuinely shocked to read recently that Inter's wage bill was double that of Man United's. Especially when you consider that United's revenues are double that of Inter's.

The one thing that the Glaziers have done that is positive imo is massively reduce the wage bill.
    Although it's tempting fate a little, for example, they only renew when there's one season left for the majority of players which may see us get burned in terms of transfer fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Does seem daft, and weather you rate their players or not, there's a few ex-galactaco's in there who would command a big salery; Cambiasso, Figo, Samuel.

With that you've also got the likes of Ibra who was poached when Juve were relegated, no doubt they had to match (if not improve) the wages he was on to sign him ahead of other clubs. Same also probably goes for Patrick Viera.

I also have the opinion that for some of their flair players, their wages may need to be more than you would expect to keep them in serie A, as compensation for the glamour and high-profile the likes of la liga and the premiership offer. Combined with the domestic success they've had in the last few years - 3 titles in a row, they're well on their way to the fourth, along with a handful of cup trophies, the players obviously use this success to negotiate their contracts upon renewal ie. win/goal bonuses etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Inter have always paid average players silly wages.

Recoba was the highest paid player in the world for something like 5 years FFS!

He wasn't even first choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's only one Zlatan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't rate Ibra tbh.

Adriano looked like he was going to be unreal when he first burst onto the scene, now the man is a sad shell of the behemoth I still use to beat my enemies into submission in Pro.

"Ibra was crap against UTD"

Show me one other striker in the world who could dominate Rio Ferdinand like that?

He did his job, he won the ball and held it up but as usualy inters central midfeld 5 didn't support him!

There is only so much one man can do when a manager insists on lumping balls at him from defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ibra reminds me a bit of Torres when he was at Atletico, everyone knew he was an extraordinary talent, but they also knew he was a bottler who'd never turn into a 30 goal a season striker etc. (Mild exaggeration there I know)

Then he went to Pool (a massive gamble by Benitez) and turned into a monster.

All it takes is Ibra to have one good European campaign and he's the world's bestest striker ever FACT, etc.

As for Adriano, tragic that the guy's still not pulled it together. I suppose this is all still going back to his dad's death, and him really going off the rails.

Hope he finds some peace in his life above all else. He was probably the most frightening footballer in the world once upon a time, and I reckon would have been like a better Drogba if he'd been more balanced. Still at 27, maybe he can come back to the top of the game one day.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Not all strikers are goal scorers. Ibra offers so much more to a team than most strikers and is probably the most unique striker in the world in that if you want a goalscorer there are plenty of them, Villa, Eto'o, Toni, Torres but what Ibra does virtually nobody else can.

I understand what your saying and know your a big Serie A fan but I am saying the guy aint the best in the world end of. Maybe he is up there but he aint at the top. The best player resides at Camp Nou and he belongs in a league of his own. I will say that Berba is rubbish compared to Ibra. The Inter games proved enough for me that Ibra is class at holding the ball up but his finishing is not Torres - Villa standard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Seaneh wrote: »

wtf!? didnt know that.
    some amazing goals in that lad. bit of a le tissier type tho

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Seaneh wrote: »
    Inter have always paid average players silly wages.

He wasn't even first choice!
    I think he's still on their wage bill, along with Robbie Keane.
    Hope he finds some peace in his life above all else. He was probably the most frightening footballer in the world once upon a time, and I reckon would have been like a better Drogba if he'd been more balanced. Still at 27, maybe he can come back to the top of the game one day.

When was this? He scored an average of 9 goals a season in all the time he's been at Inter, who he joined as a teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

When was this? He scored an average of 9 goals a season in all the time he's been at Inter, who he joined as a teenager.

Check out his goals/game for Brazil.

And they half sold him to Parma and bought him back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

From 02/03 till the end of 05/06 he was scoring between 18 and 26 goals a year. Not completely amazing, but gives a fairer reflection then your average of 9 a season. It all went majorly downhill after that which skews the average.

http://www.espnsoccernet.fr/players/stats?id=43022

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

After an eternity of consistantly flopping in the Champions League, I can't say I blame Ibrahimovic for wanting to leave. I can't see Arsenal having the money to buy him. Man. City would have the cash, but I get the feeling that playing in the Champions League is more important than the money.

The favourite to get him would have to be Real Madrid. Van Nistelrooy is injury-prone and getting on in years. Higuain has been pretty much crap and with Raul dropping back into a second-striker kind of role, I'd say he'd slot in perfectly at Real. The only question is will they have the dosh for him after they blow £50 million on Ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I can't see Arsenal having the money to buy him.

unless they decide to cash in an Ade maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Whats Ibra on 180,000 a week?

Whats Arsenals wage cap 60-70??

No Chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

After an eternity of consistantly flopping in the Champions League, I can't say I blame Ibrahimovic for wanting to leave. I can't see Arsenal having the money to buy him. Man. City would have the cash, but I get the feeling that playing in the Champions League is more important than the money.

The favourite to get him would have to be Real Madrid. Van Nistelrooy is injury-prone and getting on in years. Higuain has been pretty much crap and with Raul dropping back into a second-striker kind of role, I'd say he'd slot in perfectly at Real. The only question is will they have the dosh for him after they blow £50 million on Ronaldo.

Huh-huh-huh-hold up,

28 league games, 18 goals, 7 assists

Check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I feel sad for Adriano. He really had the potential to be a new Ronaldo. Strong, fast, controlled.

Ibrahimovic is a fantastic player, but like Adriano, has a flawed personality which may keep him from achieving his potential.

Funny how Inter seem to attract them......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Higuain has been pretty much crap

Rofl, you don't watch any La Liga at all really then? He's been the best striker for Real Madrid this season, the kid is finally proving himself, he can score with either foot, and has scored more vital goals in the league this season than any other player. Crap my arse.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    I feel sad for Adriano. He really had the potential to be a new Ronaldo. Strong, fast, controlled.

Ibrahimovic is a fantastic player, but like Adriano, has a flawed personality which may keep him from achieving his potential.

Funny how Inter seem to attract them......

But Inter are THAT team iswell. They are the team who always have the potential to be utterly amazing, but NEVER fulfill that potential, clubs that have a particular ethic seem to attract a particular style of player. Inter just unfortunately seem to have the 'almost the very best, but stumbling at the last hurdle' kinda attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

how can inter pay these players 180,000 a week my god the italiens wage bills are greater then England's top 4 and yet they are never really called on it but everyone talks about how money has made England's top 4 invincible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Higuain has been pretty much crap

That is pretty much the funniest statement so far this year no the soccer board. Obviously someone who watches no la liga and just threw it in there to sound knowledgable on the topic.

how can inter pay these players 180,000 a week my god the italiens wage bills are greater then England's top 4 and yet they are never really called on it but everyone talks about how money has made England's top 4 invincible

Valid point to be fair. If the talk in here about how much money is spent in Italy is even close to accurate I'd be changing my opinion very fast about how too much money in England is ruining things.

A League shouldn't be penalised because its clubs spend money more wisely than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

keane2097 wrote: »
    Valid point to be fair. If the talk in here about how much money is spent in Italy is even close to accurate I'd be changing my opinion very fast about how too much money in England is ruining things.

A League shouldn't be penalised because its clubs spend money more wisely than others.

This http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7423254.stm#wages from May 2008 shows players wages in Italy were half those in England for the previous year.

• Advertisement

This http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7423254.stm#wages from May 2008 shows players wages in Italy were half those in England for the previous year.

Looks like I'll be sticking to my original opinion then :D

iregk wrote: »
    That is pretty much the funniest statement so far this year no the soccer board. Obviously someone who watches no la liga and just threw it in there to sound knowledgable on the topic.
    I watch plenty of La Liga actually.

Would Higuain be fit to lace the boots of Rooney, Torres, Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Villa, etc? Not a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Yes, but also look at the figures about where the money comes from. It's on a par with the breakdown with other European leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Would Higuain be fit to lace the boots of Rooney, Torres, Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Villa, etc? Not a chance!

Hold on. You can't just say that because he isn't as good as someone else that he is crap. Personally I don't rate him as highly as say Eto'o or Villa but he is still a very good player who has had a very good season. Because he isn't as good as the best in the world doesn't make him crap does it?

Some people...:rolleyes:

Also, he is a lot better than Eto'o and Villa were at 20!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

And you honestly believe he's "been pretty much crap"?

It really sounds like you don't tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Looks like Adriano could be back playing for Flamengo soon, it would be the best place for him to play imo because he loves the club and would be in Rio which seems to be where he wants to be. I hope he can regain some happiness in his life because he has a lot of trouble with his mental state over the last couple of years and it would be good to see him playing at his best again(imo he is one of the best players I have ever seen play, almost as good as Ronaldo).

I'm not sure about Ibra leaving, I think Mourinho might be able to convince him to give it another year but if he does leave we will probably get a lot of money for him and use that to strengthen the squad. I dont think he is the best player in the world, that was just Mourinho talking him up to the press, but he is certainly one of the most unique players around at the moment. He scores goals, can hold up the ball, is big, strong and has great ball control and I think he would probably get into any team at the moment, even Barcelona.

iregk wrote: »
    Hold on. You can't just say that because he isn't as good as someone else that he is crap. Personally I don't rate him as highly as say Eto'o or Villa but he is still a very good player who has had a very good season. Because he isn't as good as the best in the world doesn't make him crap does it?

Some people...:rolleyes:
    Ok, maybe "crap" is harsh, but if Real are a team who aspire to win the Champions League, they certainly won't do it with him leading the line.

Advertisement